Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5305070757677787980

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Made it through Thanksgiving with no issues. My kitchen even stayed clean. Almost all the leftovers went into a delicious casserole so nothing to waste. Still have a turkey carcass left with a lot of dark meat on it and I hate to throw it away but we don't do left over turkey. Wonder if I can make it into animal food. Will check recipes. I may be able to grind it up and mix it with some veggies and brown rice and freeze.

Having ham for Christmas. Turkey once a year is all I can stand. Considering working on Christmas decor this week. Will have to beware of cats. We'll see if I am able to put up a tree this year. Had to go without last year. A friend suggested putting one up but not putting anything fancy or breakable on it that way if the cats get into it and knock it over everything stays in one piece. We may try that and see how it goes and if all goes well I can do it up next year.

Snowed here, a lot in a short time. Sure it will be melted by the end of the day. It rained, then the temp dropped quickly and it snowed hard now it is supposed to warm up enough to melt it all away. Stupid weather and it is killing my back. This is old but saved and is relatively current.

Just got notice that Jared's foodstamps will be cut off unless he gets a job, volunteers, or participates in their Work First program. Everybody hates Work First but I guess you have to deal with the system to discover that. Jared is looking forward to going to Work First because they do resume`s and job search training so we will do that and see how much he likes it after the first couple of days. He will get three months of 'free' foodstamps to use whenever he thinks he needs them or to give him time to transition into the work force. I am dreading it. I see it going just like school. It makes me ill, literally, mentally.

I have a lady who is going come see Georgie and possibly adopt him. He is still so skittish I hope it works out. I told her if it doesn't to bring him back to me and I will find another home for him. He is a cute little bugger. Jared is bummed we are not keeping him.

I did manage to go down and bring up a few decorations. Not decorating outside this year I don't think. I can't stand being outside because of the wind. Nobody can tell me that the last year has not been some kind of record for windy days here. It is always windy. I can deal with the cold it is the wind that gets me. I stood out in it yesterday morning for almost an hour waiting in the food line. and they don't let you in early at one of them so 45 minutes there. Did hit all my food banks yesterday. want to Hit one more Friday morning and I am going to attempt one on Saturday.

Brandon is having a tough time with working, he was told he had a better job he was to start yesterday so he gave his two week notice to his current work which ended yesterday so as of now he is out of work. The back ground check hasn't come back yet so the temp agency won't let him transition. B called the job and the person he spoke with, that did his interview, was not happy and said he planned to call the temp agency. He is single living at his grandma's house who he hates but he cannot afford to move out and he is not living here again. I see him every day. He is courting a girl who we have known since they were both little. My brother's ex girlfriend's daughter. They have always had a crush on each other, for 20 years, and they have been talking. She is untangling herself from a very bad relationship. Her and her ex lived together for four years as a broken up couple. Her ex is finally moving his things out of the house but he is going to go ape**** when he finds out that they have been seeing each other. Violent, ex military, alcoholic. She and Brandon have been trying to keep it on the down low lol. Only closest friends know. Many suspect. I am amazed it has not gotten back to her ex because a couple of those people are his friends. They don't like the way her ex treated her so they have been minding their own business.

Things are going amazing with my new caregiver. She is always on time with my medication which I get for free and if I want anything else such as medibles, she has an incredible variety of, or dog treats or capsules etc. she can do.

I am still battling with the idea of going back to work. If Jared goes to work I may not have to. Part of me wants to but a bigger part of me is disabled. If I wasn't so F'ed up mentally and physically I would gladly go back to work. Part time for me would be perfect.

Yep going on third day with this post LOL I forgot to post yesterday.

Called off on my first PT appt. will call them later and reschedule. I just am dreading it so much. And I hurt, I can't turn my head or move my arms without setting off the pain and I know they are going to make me do exercises. I know I can benefit but I would like to know the cause before we start messing around.

I think I better post this before I make it even longer. Maybe I should have blogged it LOL.

I so miss everyone that use to post here. It makes me so sad that there are so few of us left. I would greet each morning with a cup of coffee and a few hours here on BT. It made me so happy. I was so much happier back then.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Good morning, Christine (I always worry about correct name) It's sooooo good to hear from you. I wish things were going better but I still want to hear and I still wish you the best.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Yay, Christmas is over. Time to take down my few decorations. Have decided that I am going to get a real, small tree next year. The santa bear worked great though.

It is raining right now. Warmest Christmas on record. Thats not scary at all. I prefer it to snow though.

B got his job, he is back to being a 9 to 5 man. Manual labor which he loves. Keeps him busy. Got his first pay check already and they love him and there are different jobs he can train on to move up the ladder. It is a salvage yard and they also do intake for insurance claims and totaled vehicles, he purges them of all personal property left behind by owner, and prepares them for the next step down the line. He says it is hard when they get a totaled car that has children's things in them because you pray they weren't in the vehicle when it was wrecked. He gets to keep what he finds as long as it is menial. Anything major gets turned in. He has found about 50 dollars in change in his first week. He gets to keep that. He is wanting to go to a trades school but hasn't decided what field.

My foster kitty Sadie will go into Kitty City for a month. I know she will be adopted. She is the sweetest thing and just loves attention. Oh and my little rescue Georgie found a wonderful new home.

Pain levels are still sky high. Went to my first PT session for consult, have 8 more to go. She has given me some small exercises which does help the muscle pain but then it makes the pain on my spine hurt worse. Have been working on my sitting posture and am constantly correcting my slouching. She says I have rocks where my trapezius is supposed to be lol and we will do some myofascial release and gentle exercises. I know that ultimately I am going to wind up with injections. I don't think anything major is wrong, I am praying anyway. I'm tired of the back to back issues. Pardon the pun lol.

I spoke with my Psych and told him I take 14 different meds, which brought a surprised look to his face even though he was looking at my info at the time, and told him I want to titrate off of some of my meds and he was agreeable. Told him I didn't like the Trintellix and would like that to go first. So we are titrating off of it. Next is the Latuda. Leaves me two psych back up meds which are my sleep meds and those can't go yet. My new primary care said to not even consider going off of my heart meds until I quit smoking. My goal is the first. I am just so sick of the struggle.

Jingle I don't know if you Facebook at all but you can find me under Christina Hough (sounds like huff)

Last edited by houghchrst; 12-29-2019 at 06:04 AM.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hello Christina Hough … I've tried and tried on Facebook and have been finding too many Christina Houghs. I'm sending you a private message. I hope you can find me!!

8. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Jingle I have private messaged you but here is the link, I hope it works. I honestly don't mind anyone from BT FBing me but I would like to keep the reverse private if possible. I have years of info here LOL, I have blabbed about everybody in the family and my blogs are here. I keep BT out of my FB life. Here it is kind of like Vegas. WHat's done, stays lol.

https://www.facebook.com/houghchrst

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

yeah I just googled my houghchrst name and I am all over the frickin' radar so what's the diff LOLOL.

12. The following user says "thanks"

I tried …. Let's see what happens.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5305070757677787980