Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 103035363738394041424344455070 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

glad to see the chat room is open, that is if I can remember it. hope to talk to a lot of you in real time soon. love ya, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

hello everyone. i could not seep so thought i would see what has ben going on with all. it is very hard to tell much about what has happened because as soon as my cat knew i was up, she joined me. and is sitting in front of the screen in fact. so i hope i can post this and say hi, how are you at least.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

A cat in front of the screen - Cats!! Right now Peaches is stretched out on the table in front of my laptop. Her head is across my left arm .......our usual position. It requires that my laptop is pushed back so she has space.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

I can't have pets because I am allergy to about everything. That's too bad because I had a Doberman that was very fond of me. If Ken got near me he made a B-Line for him. I enjoy reading about everybody's pets.

I am getting used to my power chair. It will go up to 5 whatever. I haven't gone too much because of the weather but I am looking forward to warm weather and getting out more.

I am looking forward to the warm weather. My little granddaughter got her RN, then Bacherlor % ((can't spell)) and she is thinking about going on further. She is very smart and I expect good things from her. Yes, I am bragging, but she has made mostly straight A's and she has worked the whole time she was in school. She works at a large hospital not too far from here. She bought a new house right before Christmas. The house is not far from us. OK, I'll stop bragging but I do love her and am very proud of her.

I wish I was well and could go back to school. Wishful thinking. Well, eyes are very tired so I'll go rest them. I'll try to make it to the chat room. sounds like fun. my love, Julia

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I don't think there is such a thing as "bragging" when you talk about someone you love. Having someone to love is a giant blessing and it certainly deserves talking about ---- And it's a joy for us to hear it. Happy talk doesn't happen often enough so I am delighted when it does come.

Wednesday I have my first appointment with a pain doctor ..... I think it will be just to talk with him -- no pain medication given. Funny timing -- I feel very well and at least 95% pain free. Thank God. I understand he does not prescribe pain medication - just gives
    shots as needed. And, right now, I don't need a thing!

10. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Just popped in to see how everyones doing.

Jingle, that;s great that you don't need any pain meds right now. Pain medication is overly prescribed.

Julia, keep bragging. Glad you are using your chair.

I am going out to montana to see my granddaughter in april for her first birthday. That sure has going by fast.
    My depression is back. I'm trying to fight it off. I think part of it is the weather and me never leaving the house.. Except on the weekends when DH makes me get out.
    I wish I could have a pet but hubby has allergys. Also, we travel alot so the poor thing would have to be kenneled. Maybe when DH retires and we aren't going on trips.
    Take care,
    Dawn

12. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Hi Dawn :) -- Your granddaughter for her first birthday? Is she your first grand child? Is Montana a long trip? I lived in North Dakota for several years -- wild, breath taking scenery and the residents were grand.
    I'm 71 years old and never had any children so, of course, will never have grand children.
    I just have cats - lol - they think they are kids and I adore them like kids.
    I had been going to a domestic abuse clinic for a year and the counselor told me over and over that she never told me what to do --- she was just suggesting that I go to the local animal shelter and look around - just look around. I did that and got two miserable, sad little kittens who were scheduled to be put down that day. We sort of saved each other. About a month later that counselor was laughing with me about those kittens and she said, "In the past year I never saw you laugh once. I saw you smile a few times in group meetings but never laugh. Look at you now, laughing a lot and smiling even more". I love those cats.

14. The following user says "thanks"

joy

jingle, I live in minnesota and she's in montana, she is my first grandchild and I miss her so much. I had a kitten when we were first married. I took him everywhere with me. He just loved the car. My in laws lived around three hours away from us and he would go visit them with us. I sure do miss not having a cat also. They are such a big part of our lives. When our first dog was hit by a car the cat cried for days. It broke my heart listening to him. I'm glad that you have your kittens to keep you company.
    Take care,
    Dawn

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

maybe i eat bad and susceptible to blood clots
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

18. The following user says "thanks"

Clouds -- I've eaten bad my entire life :( --- good grief - I smoked for 42 years and I'm sure paying for it now.

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 103035363738394041424344455070 ... LastLast