Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2040606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

hello tired whats new?
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Quote Originally Posted by houghchrst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welll these days have been pretty miserable. My pain makes it hard to walk even to the bathroom. My back injections were cancelled thanks to my insurance screwing up now I have to wait for about another two weeks. I'm relying so hard on these back injections I will be devastated if I don't get some relief.

These are my two fosters. They will be my last two maybe forever. The pain is just excruciating. One in the basement and one in the sewing room. Both are very sweet and one already has a home he will be going to. I tried. That is all I can say. It is too much work mentally, emotionally and physically. Not to mention that it takes a toll on my animals.

All of my tests are coming back fine. Even the pulmonary scans. Doc still says he doesn't know what caused my heart attack. Doing another leg ultrasound, he is bound and determined to find the cause. When I see him again I will once again bring up the Ibuprofen

My lawn mower is broke so my grass is knee high in some places. CJ is slowly getting it fixed. Replacing belts and pulleys. I hope to start today before he disassembles it to put the new pulley on.

Saw my shrink for med update. told him I am seriously depressed and what is going on at my house. He says I should be seeing my therapist every week lol, even she thought that was a bit much. So we are going every three weeks.

I'm done just depressing
    well i hope youre healed --thoughts and prayers
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

http://justus.anglican.org/resources...ation_Sick.htm THE ORDER FOR THE VISITATION OF THE SICK. I. VISITATION. When any person is sick, notice shall be given thereof to the Curate of the Parish ; who shall minister to the sick person after the form following, or in like manner. When he cometh into the sick person’s house, he shall say, PEACE be to this house, and to all that dwell in it. When he cometh into the sick man’s presence he shall say, kneeling down, Let us pray. Lord, have mercy upon us. Christ, have mercy upon us. Lord, have mercy upon us. OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done; In earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; But deliver us from evil. Amen. Minister. O Lord, save thy servant; Answer. Which putteth his trust in thee. Minister. Send him help from thy holy place; Answer. And evermore mightily defend him. Minister. Let the enemy have no advantage of him; Answer. Nor the wicked approach to hurt him. Minister. Be unto him, O Lord, a strong tower; Answer. From the face of his enemy. Minister. O Lord, hear our prayers; Answer. And let our cry come unto thee. Minister. O LORD of all grace and blessing, behold, visit and relieve this thy servant. Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy, give him comfort and sure confidence in thee, defend him from the danger of the enemy, and keep him in perpetual peace and safety ; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Hear us, Almighty and most merciful God and Saviour ; extend thy accustomed goodness to this thy servant who is grieved with sickness. Amen. Sanctify this trial unto him, that the sense of his weakness may add strength to his faith and seriousness to his repentance. Amen. May it be thy good pleasure to restore him to his former health, that so lie may live the rest of his life in thy fear, and to thy glory. Amen. And whatsoever the issue that thou shalt ordain for him, give him grace to be so conformed to thy will, that he may be made meet to dwell with thee in life everlasting through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. The Order in the form of 1662 is not reprinted here, being, for the most part, contained in the Order following. II. EXHORTATION TO FAITH AND PRAYER. Then shall the Minister exhort the sick person upon such subjects as the following OUR Heavenly Father, in his love for all men, uses sickness as a gracious means whereby to correct his children. Our Lord Jesus Christ, ever present with us, is ready to impart to us spiritual strength to use sickness well to the glory of God.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you deeply cloudz I needed that.

impart to us spiritual strength to use sickness well to the glory of God.
    wonder what 'use sickness well' means, anyone? could it mean use your experience with your sickness to help others?

Both of my foster dogs have been adopted by wonderful families. It was really a lot for me. Too much. I will stay in the loop for emergency holds and maybe dip in again in the future but kripes I can barely care for myself.

Right now my good knee, the left, is not so good anymore. Quite frankly it feels like the cartilage in my knee is almost gone. That is my leading stair leg because my right knee is so messed up. They got me in for Aug 29th. I cried on the phone. That is so long. It is my summer yet again to be screwed by my body.

My lung scan came back normal so I don't need to go back until November. My back injections were cancelled the day before I was supposed to go. Referral denied. Somebody lied on the phone to me and claimed it was denied and he was sending the proper paperwork back and to check back. I called my insurance and nothing had been turned in until after I called pain management.

Lawn mower fixed sort of. It only starts when it wants so I get to mow my lawn in fits and starts. At least I have a great weedeater. I bought one of those Worx infomercial battery powered one that works wonderfully and is lightweight.

Not feeling so good, been out in the sun all morning and am on my second pain pill which I usually don't do but my lawn work needs to get done. Jared needs to get out there today too.

5. The following 2 users say "thanks"

it is always good to look here and see that a few still manage to come here but the best part is when i can read how they are doing and know that they are still fighting the battles that happen in life. i know tey might not be winning but at least they are still fighting.

a long trip back to big city to see doctor about my liver yesterday anf=d they did NOT do anything. oh yeah they did schedule another visit in july and will do a mri and docytor will look at it the same day. wow. now thsd is how it shoud work lol.

hang in there you good people and try to have a plesant summer. i might get miserable with the heat of summer but at least the warm does not make my bones and muscles hurt as much. i can be thankful for that muh at least. take care all.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Joy good to see you. I hope this summer isn't too rough on you. I can't tolerate the heat but it seems that here in Michigan we are breaking our own records this month with the heat. I about did myself in working in the yard during it. The grass was higher than my riding lawn mower lol. Got a code enforcement letter cause of it. I knew it was coming. My poor Doxie couldn't see through most of the yard. He had paths through the tall grass that he regulated LOLOL.

upper 80s yesterday and today I had to run the heat once. Now is good time to work in yard but my knee; I am afraid of screwing it up, I rested for a day so today I can limp around better lol. The doc office must have gotten sick of me calling for cancellations because they scheduled me to see a nursing assistant in two and a half weeks which is much better than three months for the doc. All I need is a referral for an MRI of my left knee and my other checked also. I know I have a bone spur on my right knee. Yeah and still waiting for approval for my back injections. This HMO I have is terrible. I am thinking of changing.

took our sweet Belladonna to be spay yesterday. She is a tad out of it when I picked her up this morning. It is kinda scaring me. I called the clinic and they said she shouldn't be having any affects from anesthesia or the pain meds even though those can last up to 36 hours. They are open until three and if she isn't a bit better by one then I will take her back in. This rescue in Michigan opened near detroit and were doing shuttles around the lower part of the state to do spay/neuter, discount vaccines and generally helping rescue and save low income family pets. They finally got big enough that they were able to open two more veterinary clinics that do a basic wellness service and spay and neuter. So incredibly affordable. I got Bella fixed for $40. Been using them for basic vet services on both her and Dash. Anything major and they go to my regular vet.

Brakes on car are getting bad so have had to make my trips short. CJ should have a good car for me in a week or two and this one will go for scrap if it doesn't sell. I am still devastated that my Aztek blew the head gasket. I love that truck. Trying to sell that over this weekend if not then it is going to the scrap yard full of all the scrap metal I have been slowly amassing to put in it for weight. I am not getting the money because CJ is the one that bought the car and is putting money in it. This will be his recompense.

Not much else going on. Well not true but it is the same old bull**** and I am tired of repeating myself. Gonna have a fire today and burn some trash and wood. think i might have a drink or two tonight. A little music and fairy lights.

hello hope all is well

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi Clouds, I hope you are well and the weather is lovely in your neck of the woods. Right now seems you and me are keeping this one going lol.

Joy I am eager to hear how your MRI went. Please keep us updated, we miss you.

No music and fairy lights for me. I feel like having a small party but that doesn't usually go over well. We are all getting too old. By 8 at night I am ready for 9 to get here so I can go to bed. Bought a small can of Fizzy White Sangria, drank it last Saturday evening not so good. Killed the mood. I just don't see the point in drinking alone. It's no fun. I'm just bored outta my mind. I haven't been to my social clubs because the brakes are going out on this car. CJ is slowly working on mine, he knows I'm going nuts. Gas here is averaging about $3 a gallon so it costs me to go anywhere.

I have been working on the yard. Thank God CJ got my mower fixed. I bought that WORX weed whacker and I will tell you that this baby is perfect for those that are disabled and do their own lawn work. It came with two batteries and a four pack with string that easily pops in and out. I also bought the life time supply of string which is ridiculously cheap. I have been using the same spool of string since last year thats how strong this string is. It works just as good as a gas whacker but is 1/3 the weight. One battery on the charger and one in the whacker and you can just switch them out when it dies. The more you use it the longer the charge lasts. It goes into all different kind of positions for comfort and for getting under things and come with a wheel that you can use in a couple different positions depending on how you want to mow. I even paid for it on a payment plan. WORX is the website.

I am doing an emergency hold on a friend's cat. She was in heat and escaped the house so she is pregnant and while they don't want to get rid of mama they cannot manage kittens so I found a rescue that will take her in and let her have her kittens, vet everyone, I am paying to have mom spay and I told the family they have 2 months to come up for the spay/neuter of the kittens which is only $10 each. This is her first litter so I don't expect her to have many. I felt that only reasonable. So they will get their mama back but she will no longer go into heat or get pregnant. The boys in this family adopted her, she was a stray and they have emotional and mental issues and this cat has kind of become their support animal. They are young men but still live at home.

okay I think I will go out and get some more done in the yard. It has been beautiful here and I need to go out and enjoy it.

Love all yous

Blog Entries

I would like to say ahead of time thanks to those that read these long ramblings and even more if someone writes.

Yes it's me again. It's a quarter to six in the morning and I have been up since four. If I would go to the bathroom and take my ass back to bed I would go back to sleep but instead I have a cigarette and figure what the heck may as well get up and play on the puter for a while. No wonder I am hard pressed to stay awake until ten p.m. Jared is gone to his dad's for the evening. He'll be home about two thirty and probably go to bed. He doesn't sleep well at his dad's.

I still have the pregnant cat. She looks fit to burst lol, poor thing. I have started having an allergic reaction to her, it is affecting my asthma. I have no clue why we don't react to our Tuxedo Belladonna. We are both allergic to cats. I am taking mama to the rescue lady today. She has been so busy that neither one of us has been able to connect. She does a lot of animal outreach but hers are big animals also, they have a couple farms they go to take care of the animals there. Not to mention the usual cats and dogs at her fosters. By the time she gets home in the evening we are both too wiped out and pain wracked to go out. I just found out last night that she also suffers with chronic pain, arthritis, fibro, nerve damage, the usual. I would love to spend the day doing outreach with her but it will probably be too much for me. i don't know, I can spend hours outside working in the yard, pain wracked but pressing on anyway so I may be able to keep up with her lol.

My yard has been mowed and I have been going around with the loppers and taking down some minor brush that has grown up around my trees and sheds. There is a lot to do because I let a lot of it go. I get up early and wait for a decent time to start the mower without pissing off the neighbors LOL. My grandparents are probably rolling in their graves as my grandfather was yard proud. I have flowering bushes that need to be cut right down to almost nothing and a tree that is ready to fall down. One of the rows of flowering bushes is Hawthorn and it smells awesome when it flowers but it has lethal thorns on it, the kind that seem to reach out and grab you and man is that stuff insidious. It is trying to grow up all over the property. I would like to find someone to cut it way back but they will probably charge me a fortune because of the thorns.

Bought a new patio screen door. I am working on turning our patio into a catio so Bella can go out there and spend time. The old screen door had a section of screen cut out so the dogs could get out and I wouldn't have to go down the steps to go out and open the door. Well now I do and Dash is fond of being let out, playing for a while then coming to the screen door to be let in but when I get out there and open the door the little brat runs away, I have to laugh. He wants me to come out, he loves when I am out there even if we are not interacting directly, he constantly checks in with me. It makes me happy to watch him because he is so happy to be out just sniffing the squirrel trails and digging holes that his tail and butt are constantly wagging. I don't know what I'd do without him.

One of my aunts died over the weekend. She wasn't really an aunt but a cousin, our families were so close that even though my mom's best friend in the world was her first cousin, they were like sisters and inseparable so they were our aunts. It has always been that way so my aunt Karen died. The funeral is today and I just realized that I am supposed to be at the rescue the same time as the funeral. Maybe I can make it for part of it. I am heart sick about it. Now there is only one sister left. She was the baby of the girls. Soon there will be no one ahead of me. Her passing really brings back feelings about missing my mom. I would love to see everyone.

You know guys I gotta be honest here I don't know what is going on, meds, hormones (menopause), depressive mania, but my house is gross ( well mostly ), floors need sweeping constantly, they need mopping mostly, my room is full of clothes that need to be washed and trash, I can't remember the last time I dusted in there. Most of our money goes on bills and fast food because I hurt too bad to cook all the time. The fast food has triggered Jared's encopresis. His therapist (that he never even saw) referred us out of the clinic because I called and cancelled an appointment at the last minute because Dash had to be rushed to the vet. I have left voicemail but she has never returned my calls so I need to find somewhere else to go. They gave me a list. My psych says I need therapy once a week lol.

Hygiene has fallen to the way side, I couldn't care less and can't remember exactly when I took a shower last. Which I gag through because the well water is bypassing the softener and smells of sulfur. I haven't been anywhere worth showering for.

Basically I am miserable and I don't know why, I cry all the time. I hurt from the waist down at a pretty steady 7 if I am not doing anything. I get to 10 quite often throughout the day and have to rest the thought of having to use a rollater or walker just kills me. If something doesn't get done soon then I will be. If it weren't for my beloved riding lawn mower I don't know how I would get around the yard to get all this work done. LOL that reminds me of when I first started getting to know everyone and Joy would talk of riding her mule and for the longest time I thought she meant the four legged kind.

Then there are little things like I just looked out the patio door and the sun is shining just so into the patio. It's lovely. I can't wait to be out there working. I love the early morning sun. Wow I am rambling. Maybe I should go back to bed. Oh and I had the doc run a vitamin panel on me to check my levels, B12 I am most interested in and my D3. I can't remember if we checked hormone levels or not will next time I go in. They must have checked them when I was in the hospital for my heart attack because the cardio said I was menopausal. Maybe Effexor has finally pooped out. Therapist says there are quite a few new meds. I am terrified to get on that roller coaster again.

then I read this and feel stupid because everybody here is worse off than me and I have no business complaining and everybody including me is sick of my whining. I have all these tools for happiness at my fingertips, in my head, wants, like changing diet, mindfulness, meditation, creativeness but I feel stuck in this same miserable place constantly. Is it my pain? my meds? Is there a therapy to help people who are in constant pain?

I'm sorry so long for the rant.

hello fellow suffer-errs,LOL.. sorry i had a dentist appointment today so i have not slept very much. grandson is here and i am so thankful for that. he is a great kid and helpful. our neighbor saw him out mowing our yard and called to see if he~d like ot mow his yard.. yep he sure would. after seeing the yard and getting the details of what the man wanted done he still said yes he woud mow.

well he was still in bed when hubby called and asked me to get Gson to hook up a trailer and for us to come pick him up. his truck had stopped running. geeze you all know i have all but quit driving as i have had way to many foot issues to prevent me from driving. I had missed going to my pain doc on the 4th of this month. so we had to go to another town to see him. this is all new as my regular doctor does not prescribe my pain meds at all!

So after we had finished seeing the pain doc we had stopped at that towns` wal~Mart. and i do what i do every time i am in one, i was looking at their bicycles. just a hobby as last few times i tried to ride one i could not even get on it. i could not get my right leg to go thru the bars and stearring wheel. and hiking my leg over the back and seat was out of the question also. the last time that i had actually rode a bicycle i kept hitting the front fender with my foot when i turned the stearing wheel!! i have big feet LOL so after i got off i recalled that `oh yeah i just need to use the tips of toes or ball of foot to peddle`

weird but like i said i cannot get on one now and if i did my ballance is to off. all of this to tell you all why i had to drive pulling a trailer. hubby had gotten up early to go buy a bicycle at our towns walmart. we were in store to return a grass trimmer that did not work. grandson wanted his own trimmer. his pappy had offered him one of his but no grandson wantd is own. so pappy had lent him this pay money he would be earning from mowing neighbors yard. and while at the desk return there was a beautiful pale blue huffy bicycle setting there a former $149.99 hubby asked what was wrong with it and they said the owner had tried to pop a wheelie and tore up the tire. hubby then offerd them a certain amount of money and after running it by the manager they said yes.

wow so now i had a bicycle i can`t ride yet and a hubby stranded in town in truck and so that is why grandson had to hook up a trailer to bring bike home with us after hubby was rescued. whew this is turuning into a book! long and boring one at that.

now way back in the first of year we were driving down our main street at town and noticed that the city workers were cutting down a hugh tree that had been there since way back when people drove horse and carriages to town or just rode horses. it was a beautiful tree and i asked hubby to please stop and let me talk to the workers.

what i wanted was some of the main trunk of that big`as* tree! they loadded some of the cut up trunk of the tree and brought 6 or so pieces to our house (with hubby paying a big price for them to do that)
    ..they have been sitting in our front yard since them.. i love to go outside and sit under the shade of our trees and just sit on the stumps. but ah`a that is how i can get on my new bicycle now. just stand on the stump and get on bicycle.

now if you are wondering how will i get off, well the same way i got off of hubbys` motorcycle way back when i was in my early 20`s. i just had to raise up my leg and let that motorcyce fall. ah you should have seen me riding it, i went down the dirt road that went to our big pond but when i wanted to turn round i had to go into a field that had corn rows in it. so it was up and over a row and repeat going over another row. my legs were flying up each row and it made me squeeze the gas so it was a comical sight and it was ever so much fun.

now this will not be one of those stories that men tell. you know here honey hold my beer while I do.......whatever. i`ll remind hubby to let you all know if i end up in hospital and when i get out, lol. this is after me having a bum leg that gives out on me and i have to sit down or fall down.

aw but who wants to live a boring life. i have not got to ride my jet ski at the lake, not at all last year but am hoping to this year. well this is soooo very long. i am missing a lot of people. Jeannie was sticking with us pretty good and i don`t see any replies from her. and there are a few that i am really worried about them so please people if you come back and read, please leave us a response at least. because i consider most all here friends. good friends that do not see my weight gain or my bad hair days etc, just know you are all cared for. be careful and let us know what you have been doing, ok?

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2040606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast