What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jingle View Post
    Thank you, clouds! How old are you? I know, I know, it's not any of my business, but .....................
    It sure is hard for me to know that I'm 72. Gee whiz, that sounds OLD but it just can't be ME.
    im going on 62-times flys

i was on mgh forums at 43 i think

Comment

Hi Clouds..... 62 sounds so young! I am a long, very long time member of this site too ....... especially before it changed so much. Remember those days?

Comment

i was on the old chats

Comment

y you all are still babies. I am older than dirt!! Ken just came from the farmers market. brought me tomatoes, okra,peaches, and I forgot what else. lol We live on Main St. and the market is just down the street from us. It is good to have fresh veggies!!

I started in the old chats at MGH. 1999 Wow, no wonder I feel so old. I love this place and am afraid it will disappear one day.

I love you all, Julia s
          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Neurotalk

seems to more people there
            Last edited by Mike Weins; 08-05-2016, 09:28 PM. Reason: please don't post a link to our "competition". mentioning them by name is ok

Comment

has chat room too

Comment

Originally posted by clouds z View Post
                neurotalk

seems to more people there
                psyche central

Comment

So today I feel the need to check in. I am using shortcake's computer and the monitor is so big I have to turn my head from side to side to watch my typing. It's nice to use a real keyboard again. My iPad is in a sad state of affairs. I replaced the touch screen after it being cracked, again, and this time it's not doing so well so it will have to be sent in to be fixed. More money I don't have.

Speaking of shortcake he is no longer short. He is taller than me and going into tenth grade. Gosh he was just a little guy when I joined. His encopresis still has not cleared up though over the summer it did get a bit better but this last week he has had a set back and he doesn't know it but I think it is the thought of school next week. He has been through so much with school. I don't know why they keep passing him. He gets Es, doesn't do the work but will ace a test. He says it's stupid and useless. In math he will get the concept on the first day and complains because while he is ready to move on the rest of the class needs more time. Says he doesn't need to go to college or ace school because of the field he wants to go into. Computers, graphics, gaming, all that stuff and is already a whiz and could do so much more if he did his work. If it's so easy then do the damn work. He misses a lot of school due to his encopresis and at one point truancy court got involved but his medical excuse took care of that. The court suggested therapy as there is the possibility of anxiety over both school and his condition so we went that route and started therapy and Klonopin. just .5 at night and once in the a.m. Lo and behold his encopresis starts to clear up but he is getting nothing else out of the med. No side effects, no change in the way he feels so we took him off it. Well encopresis starts back up but not as bad. So this school year I believe I will get him back in therapy and start the Klonopin back up. Does anyone think I shouldn't do this? I could use some feedback. I know Klonopin is pretty serious but if it clears up his encopresis then that is a huge battle won. His anxiety level will go down and then we can wean him off the meds. I don't know I am just so desperate for him. He has such a huge tender heart and it tears me up that he is suffering so.

Brenniffer are still living with me. It has been over a year and I have given them notice. They are slobs and are teaching their three children to be slobs too. I cry everyday because I want my house back and because my oldest son hates me. We have had some fights and he has said some pretty terrible things to me. Bad enough I live with the guilt of his upbringing and can never get past it. Now he throws it in my face when we fight. I actually called the police on him because he was drunk beyond all reason and was making threats. Whatever happened to the drunk tank? I thought they would make him leave or let him spend a night sleeping it off. Well they don't do that anymore. They arrested him and he spent two days in jail while we frantically waited for the judge to sentence him. I wrote a letter to the prosecutor and the judge and they bonded him out. I paid for it but never got a thank you because it was my fault for calling the police. They dropped the charges due to my letters. Not to mention their cat is on her third litter since they have been here because he won't get her fixed and she keeps escaping and getting pregnant. Thank God she is tiny so only has a couple of kittens. I have been able to safely rehome them. He doesn't understand that it is animal abuse. I love that child with all my heart but them being here is killing me. They don't pay any money, rarely contribute and my son put a moratorium on them cleaning because twice while I was gone and once while I was sleeping they cleaned the whole house without my knowledge. I was so grateful, now they don't clean up their own messes. She feels bad but my son is controlling and has turned the children into spies. Enough.

CJ and I are still on good terms. He is here almost everyday to see shortcake and fix whatever I need fixing. Lately it seems like something is always breaking down. He is an a$$hole and always will be but we can get along. Oh and last time did I mention he has a son that is like 10 months old. Got her pregnant while we were broke up but still living together. Didn't think to use a condom, idiot. She's married and has the husband on the birth certificate. Guess she should have gotten CJ's health history first. Now her little guy has the same thing wrong with his feet and legs that CJ did when he was born. I ask about the baby because now this is shortcake's half brother and there will come a time when I will come into contact with the child, possibly the mother and I want to be adult and gracious.

Me....well I cry on and off most days, I haven't been doing therapy like I should, I've been to my gazebo, Queens Land as my therapist and I call it. It's out in my little bit of woods and I would go out there and lay and read or play on my ipad and be outdoors for hours. Well we got it set up and I've been out there once. My therapist would frown. I have also stopped going to church. I miss it but I can't get past the mass hugging segment. I love being hugged, I love hugging so I don't know why it bothers me. If I get there just in time I can miss this segment as it is in the beginning. It's ridiculous, my life has come to a halt, I don't do anything I use to do. My house is disgusting. My lawn needs mowing but my mower is broke and I can't get a new belt for a few days.

I did get to go up north for a few days, took shortcake and drove up to camp on my cousin's property but their house is so big and they have a big motor home so it was more like glamping. Shortcake missed his internet so when I go back this Friday he won't be attending lol. He will be back and forth from his dad's to home. His brother can keep and eye on him too. Cj made sure I had a vehicle that would make the trip safely up north when I needed to and I am ever grateful to him for that. It is a blue Aztec. Big enough to actually camp in the back of it so I could actually park it in any campground and stay there. I have a state park free entry pass on my truck registration that I darn well plan to use. Going back up to cuz's for Labor Day weekend. Costs me thirty dollars in gas which I drove on all the week after and whatever food I plan to eat which is little.

I think in total now I have lost 80 lbs. Took a few years. Dropped two sizes. It's starvation lol. CJ left I lost 2/3 of my income and feeding a fifteen year old boy is no joke. I think if I could drop 20 more pounds then I will be happy with my size. It is by no means close to my ideal weight but I will feel even better.

I am scheduled to go get an EMG done from the knees down. Podiatrist thinks I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and legs. My feet leave me crying most nights and to the left of my left shin I get bone scraping pain and that keeps me up. Doc prescribed me tylenol 3s which are a joke, I take two and get nothing. Will have to go back to see if I can get something stronger. He wants to raise my dosage of Neurontin I take for psych reasons but can't add to the psych's current script so I will have to talk to both and see who wants to take over that med. I have some topical medical marijuana which is a God send but it is limited just like every other pain med out there. I can't afford to go with a stronger version of MMJ.

I'm sorry this is so long. I just needed to vent. I don't even care if nobody reads it. I just stinkin miss you all. We lost the family phone book somewhere my son's room ate it and now I have no one's address anymore. PM me anyone who would like the occasional snail mail with your addy. I had so many.

Loves to you all and Clouds I am glad you have managed to keep this forum going with your many posts. It's nice to see that after starting it so long ago it is still up and going.

Comment

((((((houghcrst)))))) ~

You've certainly been going through a lot lately. Your plate is overflowing. Good idea to take a break and go up North on your own. Try to relax and regroup.

I'm guessing that you've tried all of the dietary and natural remedies for Shortcake's encopresis. If he could have regulated bowels, he might feel differently about attending school. Is there a social interaction issue there? Might he qualify for advanced classes, where he would feel more challenged? Have you discussed with him and the school counselor an alternative curriculum to meet his specific needs? Does the school district offer on line courses?

Depending upon the purpose of the Klonopin, some people swear by it, and others have had poor experiences with it (my son, Michael, who took it for seizure control ~ became toxic and was near death). If the purpose is to relax Shortcake, then perhaps there are other alternatives.

I wonder whether CBD oil would help Shortcake and you. It might be worth investigating.

How about acupuncture or acupressure? That might be pricey, but perhaps you can find a provider, who would give you a reasonable rate.

I don't know whether this will work for peripheral neuropathy, but we use Witch Hazel for inflammation and pain. Soak a paper towel in Witch Hazel (OTC at drug stores), apply the towel to the affected area, tape it with a comfortable tape and leave it on. Re-wet with Witch Hazel periodically. It may not help, but it may, and I guarantee you, it won't hurt you.

If you can't get to your therapist, at least go to Queens Land. What is stopping you? You know it's a place of peace and quiet, a sanctuary for you. You need spiritual renewal. Go to Queens Land and commune with Nature and with God, and feel the presence of the Spirit surrounding you in the beauty you behold. Take some time for yourself to just BE. Meditate. Pray. Renew your soul. Strengthen your reserve. Sunshine. Fresh Air.

You need this as much, if not more, than you need medication. Mind, Body, and Spirit are connected to make us whole. We need to tend to each one.

Make a commitment to yourself and to your goal of wholeness, and ritually visit Queens Land. Schedule that visit as a critical part of your life. Because, it is.

I'm an old woman with bad hips and RA, a ton of stress every day, and a caregiver to my son, and now often to my husband. But every morning, I find a way to get out and walk 1 1/2 to 2 miles around my beautiful neighborhood. I do it, because I know that if I don't walk, I won't walk. Without my walks, my pain is ten fold.

But I also do it to clear my head, to breathe, to get sunlight/Vitamin D, cardio benefits, bone strengthening, lung expansion, and to gaze at the wonders around me. The ducks on the lake, the scampering squirrels and rabbits, the birds. Compared to the sky, I am a speck of dust. I am humbled, and grateful that I can still walk and feel the presence of the Spirit.

If I can do this, you can spend time in Queens Land as often as possible. Make a date, a time, a day, and go. You'll remember how comforting it is to be there, and how rejuvenating it is for your soul. And you'll want to keep going.

I can only try to imagine how difficult it is for you to live with your son, particularly, when he abuses you in a drunken rage. You are right to show him, his SO, and children the door. Regardless of the past, you took them in, gave them shelter, and they are taking advantage of you. Don't let him guilt trip you. At some point, we all have to take responsibility for our own lives.

Congratulations on your weight loss, but starvation is not the best way to accomplish that goal, as I'm sure you know. Nutrition is vital to healing and wellness. So, if you can have a balanced diet, and you can exercise to whatever your capabilities might be, you will lose weight. Think about yourself and commit to a healthy diet. Don't deny yourself food. You need the nutrients and calories for energy, strength and healing.

Take a basket of fruits (blueberries, banana, apple) and veggies (carrots strips, celery strips), and nuts and seeds with you to Queens Land. Eating well means feeling better. This applies to Shortcake too. Well, to all of us really.

Whenever I've felt like I was losing control of everything, I took control of just one thing. Then, gradually, I incorporated other issues into my range of control, and I always try to remember that some things are beyond my control. I struggle always to Let Go and Let God.

My prayer for you is that you find your way to balance and to happiness in your own being. It starts with you. And you can do it. Look at all you've survived. You're a strong woman. You're not a victim. You're a survivor.

Sending strengthening, healing prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Hello all it sure is good to see the pele who do sshow up I cannot complain that I do not hear often enough as I myself seldom get online and come here myself. I just want everyone to know that I still think fond
                      Y of everyone though. -and absences make it even sweeter when you do see a post by someone,

Comment

Haven't posted in a long time. Most times I come here and no one has been here for a long time. Just thought it wasteful to post but I wanted to tell you all that I got a new puppy. He's a goldendoole. He is 3 mos old now and weights a big old 30 pounds. He is into everything. My granddaughter was here for two weeks and I thought my house was pretty good for baby proofing by the time she left. But this puppy sure knows how to get into trouble. I have to get up in the middle of the night and take him out. I'm pretty sure that I have him housebroken. Not sayin 100% yet. His name is Casey.

My husband said that he has sure changed our freedom. My daughter said she would take care of him when we wanted to go on a trip. That was one of the reason I got him. It was werid how it came together. The lady advertisted for saleing 3 males and I emailed her and offered 3 hundred less than she wanted for them She emailed me back and said in a month if there was one left she would sale me the last one to me. I got a email from her saying that she had one left and since I was a brain aneurysm survior that she would let me have the last one. She was also a survior. Then I asked her the puppies birthdate and she stated it was June 24th. Which is the 20th annervary of my dads death. See everything was meant for me to have this puppy.

Otherwise, this puppy is helping with my depression. I will only wake up in the mornings and feel a little depressed. I think it's because my meds are wearing off in by the mornings.

Hope everyone is doing great. I wish that we were more active on this site. I know I'm just has guilty has everyone else here with not posting more offen.
                        Take care,
                        Dawn

Comment

hey all !

well, most everyday i am in my garden. i'm having a heck of a time just keeping up with maintenance, much less doing more design and other work. i have planted more plants, especially in the front, which is coming along nicely. i dug out a hydrangea from the front of my bf's house. it wasn't getting enough sun and wasn't blooming. i planted it in the front a week ago and i'll have to wait until next spring to see if it blooms. i got another hydrangea for $5 from my local farmer's market. there were about 10 of them marked down and the leaves were yellowish and had holes in them, but the plant loses it's leaves in the winter. it's a white hydrangea that has tinges of green in the spring and pink in the fall, sometimes all 3 colors at once. it has kind of a triangular shaped flower. i planted this ornamental grass last year or the year before. this year it rewarded me with these spectacular mauve (pinkish purple), fronds that looked like fireworks exploding from the little breaks in the grass. here is a pic (this is not my garden, but a pic from the internet showing the grass)...click on the pic to make it bigger:

Grasses miscanthus sinesis variegatus.jpg

so, i am going to move about 10 plants, hopefully soon because it's fall. i've planted a couple of interesting hostas, also.

chris. it's really easy to get addicted to klonopin and you really should titrate the dosage down when you are weaning shortcake from it. i know what a great help it is with anxiety, though. i kind of agree with rose about seeing if there is something else that might help him relax, but if the encopresis responded to klonopin, i'm thinking that if it continues working, he's going to have less missed school and feel much better about himself. toss up. the chance of getting addicted to a drug is greater if there is addiction in the family, but each individual is different. dependency and addiction are different creatures.

chris! congratulations on persevering for 2 years to lose weight! it is a shorter struggle losing weight, but a lifetime journey keeping it off.

i have already had the flu this season, prolly the earliest case in michigan. i had it near the end of september.

dawn! yes, puppies sure have depression busting qualities! when i potty trained my dog, i took it outside every time it whined and waited until it did something . then she got a treat. that way the dog knows it's going to go outside when it whines and get the treat. then you've killed 2 birds with one stone because it doesn't whine unless it wants to go outside. usually dogs will poop about an hour after meals and pee almost everytime they go outside. you can start a schedule for them. my dogs can go 10 hours without having to pee at night, sometimes because i sleep so long, but it's usually 9 hours.

still doing zumba weekly. my left foot has something like carpal tunnel syndrome on the top of the foot and i have bone-on-bone osteoarthritis in my ankle. i have started to wear compression socks, there are some cute styles and some wild styles out there. pricey, but i will NOT wear those beige, old looking nylon socks!

nice to see you joy!
                          nice to see you jingle!

and clouds, thanks for keeping this thread going!

thank you all for caring and sharing!
                          jeannie
                          Last edited by tic chick; 10-12-2016, 09:13 PM.
                          WE ARE BT!
                          "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                          "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                          "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

hi somewhat tired

Comment

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

It is so wonderful to see everyone, well you know what I mean. Now I am going to post this very short reply because I am using an iPad & my posts usually disappear // usually leaving me very frustrated & hurting so bad that I can't restyle it again

Comment

Working...
                                X