Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 183843444546474849505152535878 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol well I just lost my reply - on the iPad,,,,,Drat it it is always a choice of being more comfortable or more correct in my posts etc. I will go for body comfort every time. Sitting at the computer in computer room is just uncomfortable to me. So my limbs thank me very much well really just a tad less uncomfortable. But I will go for comfort every time. I already post so much less than I'd like so I will keep struggling to be able to Communicate with people. My outside home visits are almost nil.

This is hard because I can remember way back when my children were all in school all day long is when I decided I wanted a job My husband was against my working asking why didn't I have enough money etc lol for what I wAnted. I told him it was not money but people. I missed being around people. I did not want to work on weekends so tried to get a job that did not require weekend working. I found it and enjoyed my job tremendously for 5 years. It was time to quit by then as it was just do hard on my body. But it was a good 5 years and I never regretted my Working.
    you could write it as an email send to yourself then copy and paste it in
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

2. The following user says "thanks"

I would still find a way to mess it up LOL

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

so my birthday was the 24th of oct. i had a quiet birthday on monday, just a little cake and a present from my pookie. we celebrated a few days before by taking a drive about 100 miles north of detroit to see the fall colors. i was pretty close to where christina lives. it was a crappy day, breezy, cool and overcast. i dressed warmly and i was ok.

my daughter got me another hydrangea. this one likes part shade, so i am interested in seeing it flower. it's already almost a full size plant, it'll prolly grow a foot higher and a couple inches wider. i watered it with warm water at the roots when i planted it today because it is so late to plant and i wanted to keep the ground a little warmer there for at least 2 weeks so that the roots will grow a bit more and get a good hold in the ground against winter heave. she also got me a climbing wisteria vine and i'll have to get a tall metal pole or something to shape it around. i'll plant the vine tomorrow.

i am starting to clean-up in the house for thanksgiving. i need to do a lot of dusting, especially the blinds. they drive me crazy because they have about 30-40 slats and 3 sections to each slat. so, it takes me about an hour to do each one and i have to do 5 of them.

i dread the turn back of fall clocks this week. my blues will start off terribly until they level off.

i hope you all are feeling well and it's nice seeing more posting!

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-01-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tic chick, belated happy birthday to you!

You mentioned hating the time when we turn the clocks back. It's funny but I hate the time when we turn the clocks ahead and love turning the clock back. A whole extra hour in the day!

There never seems to be enough time in a typical day. But that's just my view of it. Watching winter come on, with cold weather and no more growing plants or leaves on the trees--that's no fun.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

lol lol ---- I dislike BOTH time changes. I wonder why on earth it has to be. And I hate changing clocks.
    Jeannie, I recently hired a grand cleaning lady who comes just once a month. She is fantastic and does a remarkable job. What a blessing!

10. The following user says "thanks"

"Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

12. The following user says "thanks"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuhzS53DpE

lional nation sorta reoititiuos

14. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

thanks for joining us and the birthday wishes, agate!

it's not so much the turning back of the clocks that bothers me, it's the amount of decreasing sunlight in the late fall and winter that gives me seasonal affective disorder (sad) and the depression or blues that go along with it. my worst days are around Christmas, which coincides with the winter solstice and the shortest days of the year. maybe that's why i've always disliked Christmas. it's too commercial for me and the amount of energy expended contributes to the depression because i don't feel like doing anything. by mid-february i am beginning to feel better and then moving the clock forward in the spring doesn't bother me. i've gone on antidepressants, but weaning off gives me severe side effects, so i just more or less do things that please me in the winter and try and get out in the sun and take my vitamin d.

jingle, how great that you can have a cleaning lady come in once a month! that might be something i might do if circumstances ever make me unable to clean. right now, i'm pretty active and i do everything myself,,,but, i would prolly pay someone to do those dratted blind slats...lol

thank you all for sharing and caring!
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

16. The following user says "thanks"

happy birthday to those who had birthdays

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

This iPad gives the message that the version of YouTube is not supported I am never able to get the right version to work. So I always give up before I get frazzled lol so Clouds I have no clue what was in your posts.
    . So . A late happy birthday Jeannie. My long gone aunts' birthday was on oct 23. If I ever knew anyone's birthday years ago; I usually will recall it when the date rolls around. Wish I could recall other things like I can birthdays.
    My hubby loves hydrangeas & I love mums. We planted about 15 two years ago but sadly only a few lived a year. Not to be bested I bought a few more this year. I also caught a1/2 off sale on plants and so bought a lot of pansies. I love the bright perky little pansies that will bloom during the cold months. I only wish that I could help plant the flowers. It no way as I really have trouble with my old workout bones and I rely on my canes more than ever. I have 2 canes. One I leave in vehicle all the time and the other one hubby ordered. Off tv - one that has two handles and is suppose to help you get up from chairs
    That did not work for me so I had hubby take the lower handle off. It stands upright and that is nice for in the house. Nomoew bending over to pickier up. Just stand it by my chair!
    Last edited by joy; 11-04-2016 at 02:00 AM.

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 183843444546474849505152535878 ... LastLast