Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 173742434445464748495051525777 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

Haven't posted in a long time. Most times I come here and no one has been here for a long time. Just thought it wasteful to post but I wanted to tell you all that I got a new puppy. He's a goldendoole. He is 3 mos old now and weights a big old 30 pounds. He is into everything. My granddaughter was here for two weeks and I thought my house was pretty good for baby proofing by the time she left. But this puppy sure knows how to get into trouble. I have to get up in the middle of the night and take him out. I'm pretty sure that I have him housebroken. Not sayin 100% yet. His name is Casey.

My husband said that he has sure changed our freedom. My daughter said she would take care of him when we wanted to go on a trip. That was one of the reason I got him. It was werid how it came together. The lady advertisted for saleing 3 males and I emailed her and offered 3 hundred less than she wanted for them She emailed me back and said in a month if there was one left she would sale me the last one to me. I got a email from her saying that she had one left and since I was a brain aneurysm survior that she would let me have the last one. She was also a survior. Then I asked her the puppies birthdate and she stated it was June 24th. Which is the 20th annervary of my dads death. See everything was meant for me to have this puppy.

Otherwise, this puppy is helping with my depression. I will only wake up in the mornings and feel a little depressed. I think it's because my meds are wearing off in by the mornings.

Hope everyone is doing great. I wish that we were more active on this site. I know I'm just has guilty has everyone else here with not posting more offen.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

well, most everyday i am in my garden. i'm having a heck of a time just keeping up with maintenance, much less doing more design and other work. i have planted more plants, especially in the front, which is coming along nicely. i dug out a hydrangea from the front of my bf's house. it wasn't getting enough sun and wasn't blooming. i planted it in the front a week ago and i'll have to wait until next spring to see if it blooms. i got another hydrangea for $5 from my local farmer's market. there were about 10 of them marked down and the leaves were yellowish and had holes in them, but the plant loses it's leaves in the winter. it's a white hydrangea that has tinges of green in the spring and pink in the fall, sometimes all 3 colors at once. it has kind of a triangular shaped flower. i planted this ornamental grass last year or the year before. this year it rewarded me with these spectacular mauve (pinkish purple), fronds that looked like fireworks exploding from the little breaks in the grass. here is a pic (this is not my garden, but a pic from the internet showing the grass)...click on the pic to make it bigger:

Grasses miscanthus sinesis variegatus.jpg

so, i am going to move about 10 plants, hopefully soon because it's fall. i've planted a couple of interesting hostas, also.

chris. it's really easy to get addicted to klonopin and you really should titrate the dosage down when you are weaning shortcake from it. i know what a great help it is with anxiety, though. i kind of agree with rose about seeing if there is something else that might help him relax, but if the encopresis responded to klonopin, i'm thinking that if it continues working, he's going to have less missed school and feel much better about himself. toss up. the chance of getting addicted to a drug is greater if there is addiction in the family, but each individual is different. dependency and addiction are different creatures.

chris! congratulations on persevering for 2 years to lose weight! it is a shorter struggle losing weight, but a lifetime journey keeping it off.

i have already had the flu this season, prolly the earliest case in michigan. i had it near the end of september.

dawn! yes, puppies sure have depression busting qualities! when i potty trained my dog, i took it outside every time it whined and waited until it did something . then she got a treat. that way the dog knows it's going to go outside when it whines and get the treat. then you've killed 2 birds with one stone because it doesn't whine unless it wants to go outside. usually dogs will poop about an hour after meals and pee almost everytime they go outside. you can start a schedule for them. my dogs can go 10 hours without having to pee at night, sometimes because i sleep so long, but it's usually 9 hours.

still doing zumba weekly. my left foot has something like carpal tunnel syndrome on the top of the foot and i have bone-on-bone osteoarthritis in my ankle. i have started to wear compression socks, there are some cute styles and some wild styles out there. pricey, but i will NOT wear those beige, old looking nylon socks!

nice to see you joy!
    nice to see you jingle!

and clouds, thanks for keeping this thread going!

thank you all for caring and sharing!
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 10-12-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

3. The following 2 users say "thanks"

hi somewhat tired
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

5. The following user says "thanks"

"Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

7. The following user says "thanks"

It is so wonderful to see everyone, well you know what I mean. Now I am going to post this very short reply because I am using an iPad & my posts usually disappear // usually leaving me very frustrated & hurting so bad that I can't restyle it again

9. The following user says "thanks"

Yay,, it worked lol. I have such pain going on but really want to reply to everyone. Hello clouds I hope this finds you able to enjoy the fall weather. And Jeannie I hope your bone on bone does not get so much wot that you have to give up your rumba. And also your flower work outside. I know from past memory how rewarding both exercising & yard work was.

I am losing weight to help my old bones. I asked my doctor how much more would he recommend I lose. I was surprised when he said 10 pounds. I was so relieved because I have to cut back food to losevWITHOUT any exercising. If I could exercise that would make me very happy plus speed up process of losing the weight.

Dawn I am tickled for you getting a dog. Pets sure are little anti-depressant things all by themselves aren't they. My mind is jumping around so forgive me Jeannie my hubby loves hydrangeas and has gotten a few to grow this summer. It was kinda touch and go on getting outside plants to live because he had to spend so much time with me while I was in hospital for almost a month. Then be inside with me more until I got some strength back. I started losing weight before hospital and being in recovery hospital bed sure did not hurt my weight loss. Lol hospital food not fattening at all.

I hope Marion. And Chris both strop by and give us an update. I am really wondering about Julia and need to try and find phone numbers and call. Guess I had best get back in bed and see if pain med has kicked in enough so I can get to sleep.

I am hoping we all can check in more often. Maybe because it will be colder winter weather soon we all will find ourselves online more. Take care all. Big hugs all around
    Last edited by joy; 10-23-2016 at 11:34 PM.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is so wonderful to see everyone, well you know what I mean. Now I am going to post this very short reply because I am using an iPad & my posts usually disappear // usually leaving me very frustrated & hurting so bad that I can't restyle it again
    Hi joy,
    I saw your post about the iPad and know exactly what you mean. Every time I try posting on the iPad, I regret it. There are times when I have to though because my Internet connectivity sometimes isn't working right.

Posting on an iPad is a slow process, and when I get the post all ready, I do something wrong and it disappears on me. Maybe I'm just one of those old dogs who don't learn new tricks but I'm finding that the iPad is good for portability but not so good for posting messages.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

13. The following user says "thanks"

Lol well I just lost my reply - on the iPad,,,,,Drat it it is always a choice of being more comfortable or more correct in my posts etc. I will go for body comfort every time. Sitting at the computer in computer room is just uncomfortable to me. So my limbs thank me very much well really just a tad less uncomfortable. But I will go for comfort every time. I already post so much less than I'd like so I will keep struggling to be able to Communicate with people. My outside home visits are almost nil.

This is hard because I can remember way back when my children were all in school all day long is when I decided I wanted a job My husband was against my working asking why didn't I have enough money etc lol for what I wAnted. I told him it was not money but people. I missed being around people. I did not want to work on weekends so tried to get a job that did not require weekend working. I found it and enjoyed my job tremendously for 5 years. It was time to quit by then as it was just do hard on my body. But it was a good 5 years and I never regretted my Working.

15. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree--going with comfort is the best idea.

The most comfortable place for me to be, other than lying in bed, and that isn't always so comfortable, is the wheelchair, and it's easier to be at the desktop PC than to use the iPad at home. When I'm out and waiting for an appointment or for transportation, I take the iPad with me and at least have something to do while waiting.

I take a tote bag that is big enough to hold the iPad and try hard not to drop it. I've heard that if you drop an iPad, you can ruin it.

I tend to drop things, and so I try really hard to be careful when the iPad is going along.

Jo6, I noticed that you said you were on the MGH board in 1999. I joined in 2001 and sometimes dropped in on the chat room but never stayed around long. Mostly I hung out at the MS board though for a little while I tried Spinal Disorders since back then I was thinking of MS as a lot like a spinal disorder as far as I was concerned. My first symptoms were in my back but they could have been due to disc problems.

That was a lively place back then, maybe too lively--what do you think?

It seemed as if disputes were always breaking out, with people storming off in a rage. Maybe there were more people than a message board could handle?

Some people enjoyed all of the excitement but I myself seem to like a quieter atmosphere.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

17. The following user says "thanks"

hello got all my voting done -hoping for some real change soon

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 173742434445464748495051525777 ... LastLast