Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22747677273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrbeLKAJWys Andy Ngo's Lawyer Just Announced She Will Sue EVERYONE, Launches Legal Action Fund

another good one
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

days where the weather man has covered his ass by predicting thunderstorms, rain and possible sun, warm and muggy. Basically meaning this is Michigan and ya get what ya get. We have a lot of days like that here. It is humorous to read the weather predictions because the little icon is a little bit of sun with a cloud over it and lightning coming out the bottom. To me that means they're not sure but one of those things is going to happen.

I am sitting here surrounded by my animals, two Craigslist rescues, a forever foster, a semi feral rescue, a foster failure and a feral in the process of rehab and think how wonderful this is the way they make me feel. And the rescue community while there are a lot of cut throats and back stabbing, gossiping and sometimes illegal vendettas acted out I distance myself from all that and have made great FB friends. I read to find out who to avoid and also to stay on top of things going on in the rescue world, it is an ever shifting community with new fosters coming but dear Lord the amount of animals that need help is overwhelming and I could never look at all of them in a days time. My FB newsfeed is full of animals that need help and honestly if Brandon wasn't here I would probably have a couple more being fostered. The feral cat population is epidemic and this time of year all the groups are scrambling to get spring kittens fixed and hopefully adopted out if able. It's terrible and heartbreaking.

My living room is full of stuff that is going out to a group to be donated to the homeless or those in dire need, there are about three boxes of food, three cases of underwear pads that can be used as menstrual pads or bladder control issues, a bunch of bars of soap in their own baggies and two garbage bags of clothes, mostly shirts. I know one would probably say but how can you afford that. Well the food came from food banks or churches and is stuff that I already have a lot of or else I know it won't get eaten. I may as well pass it on. some can't get to the food banks. The clothes are things that were passed to us and we took what we could use, added to what was left and are passing that on. The pads were given to us by a family member but she has an over abundance and Jared uses them and sometimes I use them but we are not able to keep up with her and have an over abundance, again passing it on.

I spoke to my feral caretaker and one of the harder to catch ferals showed up with kittens. Three at least that he has seen. I have to catch her and the kitties before she becomes pregnant again. My car is still being put back together and hopefully this weekend it will be done because I need to get to work before the kitties are old enough to get pregnant. I took the TNR course through Michigan Humane Society so getting them fixed is free but I have to travel to do it. The TNR course through All About Animals gets me traps to use for free then I will go to the MHS clinic to get them fixed for free. A FB friend lets me use her rescue van. She is like the queen of TNR. She can go into a neighborhood and come out with 12 ferals ready to be fixed. She is part of a rescue group called WAG and they also adopt out a lot of cats thanks to Petsmart. My group Los Gatos uses the local Petsmart to adopt out kitties. Taking Louise up there to give her a taste of socialization.

Clouds it is good to see you here. I worry about you sometimes if I don't see you for a while. Forever keeping on top of things I see.

Joy we don't care how you get here as long as we see ya once in a while. So many missing.

Jeannie I bet you have been taking advantage of the nice days, those do not include days where it is ninety and muggy lol.

Jingle hope you are staying dry and cool and enjoying your furbaby.

call out for Julia, Bella, Dawn, Kathy, Pati and others that escape me this early morning

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Oh, it is hot and very humid ...
    I decided to fix myself a really nice dinner and it turned out great ... really great thanks to my next door neighbor bringing me a super bag of home-grown tomatoes she found at a farmers' market this morning. Wow. She carried off a nice plate of dinner. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful neighbor.

Blog Entries

Still waiting on my fence, they waited because of the heat but it has cooled down a bit so hoping maybe this weekend. Slowly getting my yard put together and cleaned up. Didn't realize how much stuff we had behind the shed that blew apart over the winter. I have to go through it and clean up and put away. Different sizes of PVC pipe and some five gallon buckets that I had used for planting, bunch of bricks and some concrete blocks. All have been of some use over the years so I need a different storage spot. Garage won't take much now to get it back together now that I have all the garbage ready to go. CJ's tools are all in the way right now. I have been working out there here and there which was one thing on my blog list I wanted to get done. Now that Brandon has moved out I can finally get back to work on my basement. That won't take much either.

Yep B and I had a huge fight over his ten dollars for cereal. He wakes up being a bitch every morning and I didn't realize how exhausting it was until I realized he was gone for sure. I told him to get out. Threw an empty coffee cup at him, hard, for knocking over my puter monitor and dumping my coffee, he says it was an accident yet I shouldn't have my coffee next to my computer, that's not an apology and I really couldn't care less. Sick of once again walking on eggshells because the household temperament has to be based on his mood. Depressing. I ain't doing it no more. I tried to help him and he takes it for granted acts like everyone should cater to him. Not doing that any more.

I hope everyone has a great day.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I have been moving back into my living room. Since I bought the Roku near Christmas and it won't work on the tv in the living room I have been spending late afternoons napping, then dinner for us all, then when everyone is fat and happy I go in my room and sit in bed and watch a movie or catch up on a Netflix or Hulu series. Very picky about what I watch. Tell my shortcake goodnight and go to bed and maybe take a couple tokes while I read, have a cigarette then lights out. Sooo the point is that I rigged up Jared's Christmas projector in the living room and hooked my Roku to it so now i have a mini theater in my living room. . Soooooo much cheaper than a new television and even though the light is limited, I think to 10,000 hours, replacing is still much cheaper than a new tv. The screen is so big that I had to fold part of it. I plan to try to put it up outside and do a movie or two maybe with some friends outside. I have the branch for it just outside the patio.

9. The following user says "thanks"

We did an outdoor movie awhile ago and invited guest. Had a blast doing it. The bugs weren't so bad.

My new granddaughter was born on the 8th of july, Rosaleen Penelope. Now I have three beautiful granddaughters. There is Arabella and eloise
    Take care,
    Dawn

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all!

not a happy camper here today and i need to vent.

so, yesterday, i got a pic in my email. a selfie from one of my best longtime friends of 25+ years. it's a picture of her in the church we both go, her very regularly and me sporadically. she looks very nice, make-up, dressed-up. the note with the pic said, "i was at mass today and i said a prayer for you."

well, thank you very much. i know mass is close to an hour long. it probably takes you a half hour to drive back and forth and i know you socialize after church for a bit and of course getting all dressed up for church takes about half an hour. so, total time about 2 hours 15 minutes. the last time you called...oh, maybe a month ago, you said we would get together the next week because you were babysitting monday thru thursday for your niece, but you would call me monday when you knew what times she would need you. never got the call. sometimes months go by when we don't talk. i understand you visit grandchildren in different states, but i'm sure you're not gone 24/7.

i opened up that i was feeling depressed lately, not really wanting to go out. you know, i have a beautiful garden, i got chairs!!! you don't have to sit on the effing sidewalk! i got wine all the time, cuz you ripped into me one day when i told another girlfriend to come over cuz she still has 2 bottles of her fave beer chilling in my fridge.

that's why i'm skeptical of the christians who go to church every sunday. yeah, i know the basis of sharing your faith with the community. all that means to me is y'all get dressed up and show up so others can see how religious you are. it's a faith cattle call.

and my other friend of 25+ years, the one whose beer is chilling in my fridge. yes, i realize you are busy, too. i always see your pic on facebook with other friends, drinking at some festival, drinking at some sporting event. i'm sorry i'm not a big drinker or smoker, but i can talk with the best of them and be quite charming. yes, i appreciate the spur of the moment call back in may inviting me to a play. it was a busy day for me and i just couldn't shower, do my hair and dress up to go to the theater in time, but i appreciate that you thought of me cuz you had an extra ticket. i dropped off a little present for you about 6 weeks ago. i said, come over. you said you had a wedding to go to the following week, out of town. ok. i assume you're not at the wedding still.

this is another good church going christian.

so, here's all these good christians who have time to go to church for 2 hours every week and no time for a depressed friend. it makes no effing sense to me. i am always here. call.

or drop by any time you're in the area of the church. i'm only 3 blocks away.

i miss you.

thank you fro reading,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 07-28-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi Dawn good to see you. Yes I have considered hosting an adult night and a kids night and a family night. Bugs here are terrible because we are backed onto a pond and the woods so we are all use to it and take precautions. Congratulations on another grandbaby. Such beautiful oldfashioned names. I was just thinking the other day about how so many of the older names have fallen to the wayside.

Good Lord Joy I remember you talking about that mule and for the longest time I thought you meant an actual mule.

Jeannie I am so sorry you are going through it. Depression is a bitch. No one gets it unless they've done the time. I think depression makes people uncomfortable and they just don't know how to talk about it or engage the depressed person. That embarrasses them so they avoid it. Quite frankly I never put much stock into whether a person is supposed to be a good person or know what to do just because they go to church. That is sometimes the only time they are in any way Godly. 'course I know you know that. Doesn't change the affront. I also think that it can be a generational thing. The younger people these days I think understand depression and mental illness more because the world is talking about it more and people are not so ashamed to have to admit to getting help. It is still taboo in some families especially religious families. They don't always get help, they consider it an issue of faith. As though if you were more Godly your affliction would be cured. Dear Lord my son just asked me if a female friend of his could come and stay with us. She needed some psych help and knew it but her parents wouldn't let her as long as she was under their roof, citing religious reasons, so he wanted her to come stay until she could go to boot camp. I don't know why a young lady with mental issues should be allowed to go into the military but that was a big fat no at the time. Now I am thinking.

I truly hope you feel better Jeannie, it is a miserable existence, is it anything in particular? Life in general, Oh God do I got life in general? Meds maybe counseling?

I don't even have but really a handful of female friends and most of them are 'family' through CJ. I find I don't much like females LOLOL. I don't see my princess since my car has been broken down. That hurts me. She is going through a terrible time but I am tired and want to slap some sense into her and spent over a year trying to help her get through her times but she just keeps doing the same old thing so I have run out of ideas. She lives in her own little bubble and it is thinning in areas and ready to pop.

As for me my pain has reached new highs. Hadn't realized how much the Neurontin my psych prescribed me was working on my pain until I ran out. I will be getting it back and be having a discussion with my doctor about my depression and pain and see if I can't get my dosage back up to where it was and start taking it three times a day. I had an abscessed molar about two weeks ago, pain up face and down neck and went to the ER dentist, they wouldn't give me anything for pain, I can no longer take NSAIDS, and they wouldn't pull it then because I am on blood thinners so I have to get okay and now doc wants to see me before he gives the okay and suggested I go to ER clinic and tell them the dentist sent me. They were stumped as to why a doc would send me there. I had to beg but they gave me three Tylenol 3s. LOL i have two left. They are useless. Only for surgery do they prescribe pain meds. Went to my ortho this week and told him how bad my pain was in my knees and that they were constantly grinding and popping. Got injection in each knee. They are excruciating but I am so relieved. Wish that worked with all my joints just no painful injection lol. I suggest they knock me out and just go at it and when I wake I will feel like I have a new body. Gave me a scrip for 20 50mg Tramadol lol. Yeah I have to take two to even get an edge. I have taken one. Those will be for emergencies. Gonna talk to PM doc about back and trigger point injections and see if they help some of my other issues. I can't live like this for the rest of my life. I don't want to. Ortho said next step would be knee replacement but because of my pain history he doesn't think I am a good candidate. Pain most likely will not be relieved. Don't respond well to PT so recovery is iffy. I cannot get out into the yard to work hardly at all right now and my damn mower keeps breaking down. Waiting on a part now. Started mowing and blade engage cable broke. Oh well, story of my life, that mower breaks down every year sometimes more than once but I cannot afford over $1000 for a new one.

Ah yeah I could go on but I won't. I haven't even been blogging lately. Too depressing LOLOL.

15. The following user says "thanks"

sorry to see just how bad we all are. but I am in such good company I might add as I thjink dearly of each of you.. I may not be online as often as I once was but now perhaps I can be more often. hubby bought a cheap laptop computer to help daughter with her work. but as usual, her mother-in-law has her own ideals of how to do everything. at least I never had to work for my inlaws.. I chose some jobs that were bad for my spine several times that only added to my severe curved spine etc and I was bad before my idiopathic peripheral neuropathy killed off nerves in feet legs arms hands etc. but yay, I am sitting in a comfortable chair using a laptop for the first time in along time.....

17. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all!

chris...it was just a matter of still being depressed over breaking up with my boyfriend. also my dog, nora, who is 17y/o is having a harder time walking and it hurts me to see her labor so hard to walk. i upped her pain meds a couple dyas ago and she's doing better, but i know she probably won't be here through the winter. i hope she dies in her sleep so i don't have to put her down. my friend finally called and we went out, the one who sent me a pic from church. it's not like she's a stranger to depression. her daughter died 5 years ago from alcoholism and anorexia and i was there for her thru that. she has 4 grands now, 2 in florida and 2 in illinois, her hubby retired and she is working part time, 2 jobs, do get some extra cash. i empathize, but it doesn't make me miss her less. i am back in therapy, but i won't take any antidepressants because i'm already on the benzos for anxiety and that's my major problem. the depression has been on and off since my husband died last year....just got worse this year because of the breakup and stuff.

so, i am posting pics of my garden and how it looks today. i am posting of pic of what it looked like before i started, when my sewer line broke from the house to detroit's mainline. seems like i've been working on it forever, but i'm pretty sure it's only been about 13 years. the cement patio was put in 2013. i have moved plants as the garden has been filled and i am already moving some more because it got so cool here and the plants are at the end of their growing cycle. my son put the wooden arbor up for me last month and i dug up the wisteria vine from the front and it is now being trained to grow around the arbor. the big clump of grass in the middle of the yard will be moved in the spring and the roses will be moved so that they go straight in a row from the bare side of the arbor out. i have done everything in the yard except pour the concrete patio and plant the 3 yews that give shade above the hostas along the fence line. the purple sand leaf cherry in the corner by the house was just a little things 5 years ago. okay, here goes. click on the pic if it's small and i hope it'll enlarge for you in a separate window

garden progress 1.jpg

garden 8272019.jpg

garden 8272019 2.jpg

garden 8272019 3.jpg

garden 8272019 4.jpg

hope you enjoy!

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-27-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

19. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22747677273747576777879 LastLast