View Poll Results: What is your preference about "sticky" threads from the old board?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Useful Websites sticky - bring from old board

2 40.00%
  • Sticky for Evidence for conventional and alternative MS therapies - bring from old board

2 40.00%
  • Mike (Grassman) sticky - bring from old board

0 0%
  • Fur Babies Album sticky - bring from old board

1 20.00%
  • Don't bring any stickies from the old board

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stickies from old board?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Stickies from old board?

On the old board there were 4 "sticky" threads that were always at the top. Do we want those transported here?

Anyone interested in the old board can go to its archived form by using the thread posted by Mike Weins.

But if we do want any or all of the old stickies more or less restored here, please see the Fur Babies Album which I've posted a thread for. You'll see that what you get is a link to that thread, NOT the actual thread.

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...f-members-pets

But it's better than nothing.

When you vote in the poll, please keep in mind that the thread by xo++ may be out of date by now but it's what we have to offer unless someone comes forward who can update the information in it. The last post in that thread was 1/21/11, and the last informational post by xo++ (Mark) was 6/8/08. We were lucky to have his contributions, and maybe he will return one of these days. Does anyone have contact with him?

Your votes won't be public. The poll will close in 7 days.

When the results are in, someone (I'll volunteer) can go ahead and bring the stickies over here by providing a link to them in threads with their old titles--that is, unless the vote is to have no stickies imported.
    Last edited by agate; 08-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hmmmmmmmmm, noone voted, including me!!! Sorry Agate, maybe not, huh? All those stickeys used to bother me, I don't know why. Too many? too old?

Lets start some new ones..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

The poll has nearly a week to run. I have no opinion one way or another but I noticed that people on Forum Feedback are sorry about losing their old threads, especially their stickies.

I'll get around to voting when I can make up my mind.

Blog Entries

Bumping this up because the deadline for voting is tomorrow.

What you see first when you come here is at stake. If you remember days when you were glad those stickies were there, or days when you wished they weren't there, why not express yourself by voting in this poll?

Maybe the problem is the person who started the poll. I didn't want to create an impression of trying to be a "leader." I just saw a need for this question to be settled and tried to find a way of settling it, since nobody else seemed to be doing so.

I'll gladly transfer any stickies over here after the poll results are final. Then I hope to fade into the general anonymous crowd.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Agate,

I think the information is old as far as websites and research. I know that Mark left room ( place saving) to add to his posts put found out that after a certain period, they could not be edited.

New threads that turn into stickies would be fine. I don't feel strongly either way, either but voted to start over.

Thank you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Voting has been closed so it's a mute point now. However, the thread that Mark started is quite outdated at this point. With new meds like Gilenya and Tysabri with its new warnings and stats for PML and Novantrone falling out of favor because of the high incidence of leukemia three years after treatment is complete and the new drugs that are in Phase III and ready to go to FDA within the next 6-12 months...

Furbabies might be important to some but not me. And the others I am not interested in having back.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your input, Cherie.

According to what my screen says, the voting isn't closed until 9:49 PM today, though.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

When I first checked , it gave the meager results of the voting but said, "you may no longer vote on this topic". Now I can see the poll at the top of the page. I have found even in the past year that a lot of the favorite websites have changed addresses but that sticky might be a helpful place to start.

Blog Entries

It looks as if at least the Useful Websites thread needs to be a "sticky."

I just went through the thread and checked the links. Many are broken but there is still a lot of good information there, IMO.

Blog Entries

If a majority votes in favor of none of the old stickies, there would be no stickies brought over. But the poll results aren't looking as if that is going to be the outcome.

How about bringing over the Useful Websites sticky as a new thread but including a link to the old one? The new sticky would preserve links that are still useful.

If I'm the one doing the transferring, I'd like to take a couple of liberties, and would appreciate any input.

A couple of the posts are to links that are still working but haven't been updated in over 4 years. I'd like to remove those as well.

One of the posts is about the Spoon Theory. I'd like to remove that one because (a) by now I have a feeling most people know about it and (b) it's not exactly information about MS, IMO.

I'd like to remove all links to other message boards. People can find their way to other message boards.

Everything would still be available exactly as it was in the old thread, and there would be a link to it. My changes would be made in the new thread.

And if anyone else wants to do this instead of me, please step up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast