Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello out there.... aka where the heck is everyone?

Community Member

Default I'm Back

HI All,

This site changed in the summer and apparently I did not get the memo. I have looked and looked and could not find you anywhere. Well today is my birthday and I got a birthday card from Brain Talk Communities, so I found you again. I am so happy about that and wish you all well. What a nice birthday surprise for me, to get back here!

As for energy it took me 2 years of moving very slowly and increasing slowly to work out a walking routine at the gym. I can walk pretty fast enough to sweat for 25 minutes 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes I need a pain pill but not very often. The more I do it the better I feel. I would like to work up to 30 minutes maximum. It is a great feeling because I feel the same as when I played sports. I hated working it up so slowly but I had to start with less than 10 minutes in the begining and never run. I get IVIG every 3 weeks and in fact it was due today but we postponed it until Thurs. I can feel the tiredness and did not "walk" today, but I know both things are a God send and have both have helped me much. I also lift some weights started with 3 or 5 pounds. It all helps. Best Wishes, Peg
    Last edited by Peg B; 10-18-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

Community Member

Default Have to reply to my own post

Hi,

Today I crashed. I could not go to the gym or sit or lie comfortably. As I said about 26 hours ago, Tues was my birthday and so we postponed my IVIG until tomorrow (Ok I am still on Wed. My ivig is Thurs) I finally took some pain pills one vicodine and later two advil. I fell asleep for about an hour and laid in bed for about 3 hours and I am just about ready to go back. Is this "crashing," being drained of energy just part of MMN? If you experience it, how would you describe it. I feel like a vampire.:Take good care, Peg
    Last edited by Peg B; 10-19-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: left out a word

New Community Member

Belated Happy Birthday Peg

I get IVIg every two weeks and always schedule it for Friday so I can lay around on Saturday and Sunday. I normally have flu like symptoms: Body ache, fatigue, crankiness, etc.

I basically get knocked down a few notches. How far I fall depends on where I started.

If I'm feeling good before treatment, it isn't that bad and I'm usually feeling OK by Saturday night.

If I'm tired or feeling run down, then it hits me pretty hard and I can still be out of it on Monday.

New Community Member

mailman - IMHO, MMN messes with your head as much as with your arms & legs. I've struggled at times with the uncertainty. Being able to compartmentalize and just push it out of my head helps. Fortunately, i've not fallen into a depression. What I have certainly learnt is that getting plenty of rest helps. That doesn't have to mean lazing around all day - for me it has meant going from working 70+ hours a week to 30something, making sure I sleep in a couple of days a week (usually I'm an early riser), and various other lifestyle adjustments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12