Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new kitties

Blog Entries

{{{Alex}}}

Have you looked into volunteering at your local shelter yet? I'm not sure how lax they would be with the scheduling, here we don't mind if you can't keep a set schedule and just show up when you can

I would love to see a pic of your kitties
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member

HI I finally found a picture of Mascot, the one I trapped, but then I had to trap LuLu too even though she was only 5 weeks old. She wouldn't come close so I could grab her, and if I tried to catch her, she'd win. lol I never let these guys out as I am afraid they will either get lost or worse, hurt. We have a few wild animals that are in the area, cars that may hit them as they are black and hard to see, plus if it is near Halloween, those who believe in the satanic stuff will grab black animals and sacrifice them. There is a group in Atlanta that does just that every year. Anyway, this is Mascot, my big boy. I have no idea how old he is. Don't care either. lol

Mascot 2.jpg
    Last edited by Tattoo2; 11-12-2013 at 08:33 PM.

lulu and mascot are both nice cats. gee I am so missing haviong a pet. my last rescue was 4 puppies years ago so needles to say I have not had a cat in years. the last old doggie died now 2 years ago and I have had such a time health wise that I have not asked hubby if we could get another pet. but I sure miss having one. now I do good to try and throw out bird seed and or water for wild birds.

that does pay off. just last week I watched 2 blue birds bath in their water. that was fun watching but not as nice as petting a dog or snuggling with a cat.

It's been a good while since anyone posted so I thought I'd share this with you. Mascot , my male cat had been having a smelly mouth for a while and I knew he probably needed his teeth cleaned. After a while, he stopped approaching his food in the morning and I though he might be in pain. I took him to the Vet, and they said all of his teeth needed to come out. I did that the next day, and he is now toothless but eating canned food very well and looks so much better. At least his mouth is no longer smelly and he is not in pain. Two weeks of canned food, and then he can have dry. He feels a lot better too. Tattoo

Mike as soon as I can figure out how to put an attachment in ( won't be long just a lot of drama around here, I will post picture of our kitties, many of whom has been gone a while but lives on in our hearts I just found a lot of pic's. and cried all over again(sorry) as well as a pic of smiley - I just have to pull them all together on the network into a package. I approached one shelter, they are too wrapped up in their own thing, very clannish would be a good way to put it, anyhow, once we get past the season, I plan to get with the county agency, which I am sure would appreciate the help. If they need someone to clean up, no problem. I love your kitty's - esp the Black one I have had several as well orange tabby's ALL cats need and deserve loving and you seem to be the perfect person to do so. As an aside, I NEVER knew how complicated networking could get and I have worked in IT for a long time, before I became disabled. Just managing a four computer network is a challenge, what with permissions,sharing and such and then throw in three different OS's - Vista, win 7 and 8.1 it gets interesting. I can only imagine what you have to deal with so I will end this with "Great Job" and I will post pics in the next couple of days.
    Blessings
    Happy holidays
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Hers's one Kitty If I get it right - he was one of two brothers, His name was skyler, He left after a tiny,feral kitten was brought to us on Christmas Eve, We should have realized Skyler was DAD! Male cats do not tend to hang around when this happens, he was a sweetie. Anyway, Nicky, (Pic. to Come) after about 3-4- YEARS turned into a lover - they are both missed dearly. Anyway, here goes with me trying to attach Skylers Pic.
    Skyler.JPG
    blessings
    alex44
    Skypilot

You did good! What a beautiful black cat! I think they are elegant! Tattoo

Blog Entries

Mascot is adorable with that white pointy head

Alex your skyler was a handsome fellow :) Sorry to hear about the one shelter being clannish :( I've heard of a few in neighboring counties that are like that. I'm sure the county shelter would love the help :)

With regards to networking, it's harder then I thought it was. I set up a 3 computer, 2 printer, 1 tv network for a friend a couple of weeks ago. Boy what a hassle. We couldn't get the tv to talk with one of the computers, and one of the printers only talked to one of the computers. At least all 3 puters have win 8.1 so I didn't have to fuss with different OS's :p
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Exacerbator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

...Fatso is a 6-year-old orange tabby cat...

...Furrybutt is a 5-month-old medium hair black kitten...
    Purely *AWESOME* pals you got there, MW (!!!)

10. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12