Thread: Looking for an old friend- Bdix30

Default Looking for an old friend- Bdix30

Lost contact with an important person in my life, she told me about this site long ago. Was just hoping she'd see this, or someone could put me in contact with her. Thanks.

Hello MrTuna!

You can look up members alphabetically in the "Member List" under the heading "Community" which is right under the HOME tab in the upper left hand corner of this page under the BrainTalk logo.

I have looked up your friend's profile for you. Here is the link to click on to take you to her profile:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...php/200-Bdix30

Your friend never posted here and the last time she was here was over 3 years ago. If you send her a private message (by clicking on the "Send Private Message" line under her profile name), a notification of a message in her BT private messages will be sent to her email if she still has the same email address as when she registered here. You can check your private messages under "Notifications" (upper right hand corner of this page, top line next to your name), to see if she sends you a message here.

I hope this helps you find your friend!
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 10-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.