Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new 2013-2014 Football season has started for real

Distinguished Community Member

Don't think so Jan,right now am wondering if I'll be able to watch my team beat the Cardinals tonight. all I can do is try I suppose. I adore Fitzpatrick so feel kinda funny rooting for Wilson instead.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

And beat them they did......a real spanking, eh?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

game was on a channel I've never used-glad it worked.good game! tomorrow I will have al day to watch. and I'm sooooo glad.

The Thursday night games are on NFL channel (154 on Dish); Sunday night games are on your local NBC channel; Monday night games are on ESPN (140) on Dish) I don't know the channel numbers for Direct. I have the channels and times programmed into my TV so they come on automatically every week. Go figger, eh?......
    Last edited by JanM; 10-26-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

V call me then she called K and the three of us had a great time enjoying the Pack beat the snot out of the Vikings. K gets the game about 8 to 10 seconds before Dishnetwork's signal travels into space and back to our TVs. She is cheering (or moaning) before we see the teams get to the line. We just cheer (or moan) with her. Then when our picture is on our screens we cheer (or moan) again. A good time was had by all......!!!!

Community Member

Can't believe I'm just now jumping on the football thread!!! So many teams I love; so little time haha.

The Packers!!! Yes!! Then there's the University of WI Badgers and my son's high school team the Bulldogs in the playoffs woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by sly4626 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't believe I'm just now jumping on the football thread!!! So many teams I love; so little time haha.

The Packers!!! Yes!! Then there's the University of WI Badgers and my son's high school team the Bulldogs in the playoffs woohoo!

Pe****go's team are the "Bulldogs" or as I so lovingly called them the 'Bullfrogs"
    WI Teams.jpg
    Last edited by JanM; 11-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Pe****go's team are the "Bulldogs" or as I so lovingly called them the 'Bullfrogs"
    I must have misspelled Peshtigo

jan it is so funny for me to picture you all sitting around watching football and not even seeing the same thing at same time, lol. but wonderful to have sisters and others to share that with, a good time.

This all started in Sept of 2012 when I was having my hernia surgery. Val called during the 'Fail Mary" game with the 'Hawks and we watched the game together. Then she would call at the start of the next game and after a couple of weeks of doing this I suggested she call my other sister . I found out how to do 3 way calling and she tried it and it worked. The rest is history. Val works the night shift so she can't call for Monday or Thursday games (if the Packers are playing) so Kathy will call and we "watch" the game until half-time as Kathy has to get up very early for her job. If the game is not televised here I sit in front of the computer watching the NFL.com display of the game. The action shows a couple of minutes after the field action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12