Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new 2013-2014 Football season has started for real

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Default The new 2013-2014 Football season has started for real

The new seasons started with a weather delay. Tis better to be safe than sorry for sure. btw GO, PACK, GO
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Although my Packers didn't win, I enjoyed the game. My sister V called and we "watched" the game together. Her in Michigan and me in Texas. Then during the third quarter, my sister K joined us for a three way call with her being in Wisconsin. Only, K gets the game about 10 seconds before V and I do.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Wow .....3 games ended with a one point difference in the score during the early games. Chicago, Kansas City and Buffalo Such nail biters or their fans.
    BTW Yahooooooooo the Packer won by 18 points!

Another disappointing day of football......Chicago & Dallas won and the Packers lost. The highlight was "watching" the game with my sisters. It wasn't aired here until after the Cowboys game was over though. I did get to see the last few minutes. OK, Packers, get yer crap together now.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Hi Jan. If all the Packer fans would get vocal, as in yelling like crazy maybe the Packers would hear you. I'm a bit slow with getting into Pro Ball just yet.

You see, I am a true sports fan I'm still watching the play-offs with base ball! I grew up with this one.

Next is college football. Clemson University is my fave cause I live only about 10 miles from Clemson. They started the year in the top 5 and have won all their games so far this year.

With the ending of baseball I can go back and forth with the college and Pro. Bless ESPN 1 & 2 and all the other stations that carry all the good games.

Did I tell you I am a tomboy of sorts? I grew up with brothers and 3 sisters, but I was the only sis that could play ball better than any of the boys ?

Hope you are doing well, Jan. Been wondering how Hank has been too? I know you love football, now I want you to let me know how you and Hank are fairing.

My love, Julia (((( )))) for Jan and Hank
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

my dog ate up my favorite Seahawks shirt,however my other one seemed to bring good luck on Sunday! in fact since we were down so much I almost didn't watch the whole game. go Hawks!!

Tell me about it. The Pack don't have the team playing the same game. Mayhaps after their bye, they'll get it together. Even though I don' get many games televised here, my sisters and I get together via the phone and "watch" the game. Toward the end the Pack has several night games and one against the "Boys so I'll be in front of the TV with my popcorn. Val works the night shift so she won't be calling on Monday nights. Kathy may or may not call as she goes to work super early in the morning.

The Packers even out their win/loss record. I was wondering if it was going to be a "field goal only" game. The Broncos showed the 'Boys "what for". Sorry your 'Hawks lost. Patti. Val called when I got home from lunch after church, Kathy had to work so she didn't get to 'watch' the second half with us. Next on the Packers schedule are the Ravens. I always check the schedules of the Texas teams to see if they are playing the same time and station as the Packer hoping the game will be televised here. Years ago Dishnetwork (or should I say the FCC) allowed us to get "distant local" channels, so we got the Milwaukee local stations and could watch the Packer games on them. Now we can't. The Feds always have to screw everything up!
    Last edited by JanM; 10-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

[B]guess my new shirt didn't bring good luck eh? glad the Packer's won! and the Saints! I don't like the Broncos or the Cowboys so that one was hard to watch. [B]

jan it is so funny for me to picture you all sitting around watching football and not even seeing the same thing at same time, lol. but wonderful to have sisters and others to share that with, a good time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast