Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: checking in

Distinguished Community Member

Default checking in

I do not have anything new to add but just wanted it "known" that I was here, LOL. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I, too, am lurking here and there and everywhere.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

yay it works. I hope this thread will stay in place and draw critters, bugs whatever out of the wood works, LOL. I got some cans of mist that I want to surprise some big spiders that I know are hiding in my house. hubby saw a long legged one and said it was a water spider. well water spider or not, it needs to go outside!!!!!

two replies and I have been on computer forever it seems. correcting my spelling and such so that you all can make swense outta it. sheesh wish I could use more than 2 fingers. I could make a lotta mistakes even faster.

I'm here, celebrating Halloween week by watching creepy movies and eating candy!

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

i'll check in tomorrow and post pics of the last flowers in my garden. i don't know if i posted pics of my patio, but i'll check the "what's growin" thread and if i haven't, i'll post them here. we've had 2 nights of frost this week, although my roses haven't died yet...hardy litle buggers...and my carnations are still going strong.

see y'all tomorrow,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

hello hello all. I am lost as hubby has changed us over to a dish tv and I am not at all use to it. cannot find my favorite movie channels nd all. the plus side is that the pictures is oh so clear and better. I had forgotten to tell that we got a bigger tv? well we did and I am happy because it is a BIG one and makes the pictures nice but best of all......drum roll/... is the closed caption is so easy to read, yay.

but lost now, lol maybe I can find some newe movie channels because I do so dearly love to watch them.

now Jeannie it was me probably but I could not see your pictures of garden flowers. I enjoyed reading well enough tho so no worries. you have been a b usy lady in that yard and inside home doing all sorts of improvement things. I just get a kick out of reading what you do

and marion I am glad to see you have been here as well. eating cand has been my downfall, truthfully it has. hubby brough a lot of those small sized candy bars home, snickers, almond joy and a couple more kinds and I have eaten most of it already, lol. we will have to buy more to take to church for the games and such that we always have for neighborhood kids. it is always fun. can you stand scary movies marion? I sometimes can or most of time but not sure if it was really scary if I could watch it by myself.
    I learned some time ago that if I could fast forwart it, I could watch it easier, then go back and watch in regular time. yep I am a wimp at times.

Community Member

Is this the new checking in thread? That other one is like 2 years old! Not that it matters. I just saw some posts here too so thought I'd also stop in and say hi. Helloooo and happy Halloween everyone!

Jeannie - Beautiful beautiful beautiful is all I can say about your garden pics!!!

Joy - once u get used to the new TV channels you'll prob love! I use closed captioning too a lot - I have Time Warner Cable and the cc is pretty good on there too. I love Netflix! Anyone else have it? So many good shows and movies on there for like $8 a month.

How is everyone?? XO

Love,
    Sly
    Last edited by sly4626; 10-29-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

what can i say?
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

yay sly checking in!! it is sso good to see that you are still coming to BT and being with us. and clouds, you said enough and glad you are with us as well. Jeannie I need to go back and look at your pictures as for some reason I could not see them last time. but I oh so enjoyed reading about what you had in your flowers so that was a treat enough.

oh you are so right about the tv, there is so much to see, movies movies and talk shows and on and on. years ago we looked at one of those big satellite things and there was so much going on and the book of movies etc was so big, I had a dream (more like a nightmare) that night when we went home. I was so frustrated at all the movies in my dream and could not watch any one thing for looking at the next thing. yep it was a nightmare, lol. and kinda like what it is now but I am going to do my best to get use to it. and it is h=cheaper as well. here is hoping it stays on channel and all though because with the other way I could call the place and they sent someone to fix it. I can't fix anything myself anymore. not on tv, computer or even cookstove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast