Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT ..September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT ..September Chit Chat

Hello, out there,,August go fast, or seem like it dragged,,,,I say it was okay,,

We went thru a heatwave,, wind chill 105,, its settling down some,,,man it was hot,,needless to say, our crops very poor,,with no rain,,:(

Been, freezing a lot of garden produce,,Garden, decided to produce everything at once, we gave away , canned, froze,,cussed,, yes we cussed,,lol,,

Other then that, we are fine,here,,Joe is retired,, always underfoot,,{did I say That ? lol}

so take it easy, folks,, watch out for the heat,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Hard to believe it's here already. Lots going on this month including half a dozen family birthdays (Elsie will be 5!) including mine. Looks like another trip Upstate as Dad has decided not to go with the treatment planned at his last Oncology visit on the 20th. Also have 2 trips to the condo...one this coming weekend for a time away for the two of us and the other at the end of the month to develop the annual budget for 2014 for the two different homeowner's associations for which I am treasurer but have given notice I will not continue in that role. Fortunately the man who bought the unit above us is a CPA and IRS investigator and has agreed to take the reins from me at the end of my term in November,

I have a question for all of you...How is it that we do not get older and our grandkids are already in school or even middle school, Jr Hi or High school? I just cannot figure that out.

80 degrees here today with 100% humidityand thunder storms predicted for today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Happening 15 miles north of us but still has not hit here.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

All I know Cherie, is that my little girl is celebrating
    her 25th High School reunion, this weekend.
    I only celebrated mine last year, I'm sure of it!!!

DD at one of her 25 HS reunion parties.
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 09-02-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have two great-grand-nieces who are 11 and 9. I can remember when my nephew who would be their grandfather was born.

Seems odd that all of that could happen, now that you mention it, Cherie--and here I am in my late teens.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

I think my mom was 120 when my sister had her first. Sis was 60, me 58. that makes me about 87 now.
    We don't procreate as young as others.

Make friends, hand out tomatoes.

I'm going to sleep now.
    3 weeks of morning therapy for lymphedema is
    like a world record for the longest plane ride with the most stops.

I'm a woosie,
    If I can get a good picture of my wrapped leg, named 'stumpy',
    I will post it's big bigness.

May your BBQ go on if that is on todays party list.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Sally, She's lovely!

Big pot of chili simmered for 5 hours as I adjusted the seasoning today and then it was barely on the table for the cookout when it was empty. David said I'd won the Chili cook-off (because I was the only entrant) but it got a round of applause. After the food was put away and dishes washed and tables taken down. we all sat at the water's edge and let the fog envelop us and had some really, really nice conversations. Kids start school here tomorrow and I have at least three new files coming in tomorrow that went into agreement over the weekend so it will be a busy day.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Congrats Cherie. Other contenders were probably frightened by your reputation as a chili cooker.

No fog rolled in here, just a big old lightening and thunder storm after bbq w/sig ex.
    We sat in the car, chatted and admired the flooding, light show and sheets of rain while waiting it out.

Sitting out a storm w/an old nature loving boy scout isn't a bad thing.
    Much better than hanging with a financial analyst or litigation lawyer who is waiting
    for a tree to land on the car.

Thanks for the school reminder.
    Yellow busses wil rule the road again.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:)Happy Birthday Cherie! I hope you have a great birthday (tomorrow). Hi everyone.

So tired today I think I will take a long nap. That lady is coming at noon to clean. I am going to have her clean the bathroom and kitchen then go home and I will go back to bed. I am even too tired to watch the US Open tennis.

The realtor has Bill all upset so I have to call the realtor and ask him to call me instead of Bill. My brother still has not removed the Craftmatic bed or the China and kitchen stuff he wanted. I am going to tell the realtor to show it "as is" and that some of the things will be removed by the sale date.

I had a quiet weekend watching tennis and went to dinner with Andy Sunday night. Glad to see some of you checking in. I use the thank you to show I have been reading. So do that even if you don't want to post. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Jeanie, Who is Andy?
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Andy is my oldest son who mops, mows, and puts out my trash and recycle every week. Jeanie :)

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast