Thread: Is it dairy?

Distinguished Community Member annelb's Avatar

Default Is it dairy?

As I have mentioned, I have started an exercise program with a trainer. I actually am enjoying this. Not sure how long I can afford to have the luxury of a personal trainer, but it sure makes exercise easier.

Last week I exercised on Thursday. On Saturday my left hip started to hurt and it is still hurting but is getting better. OK, can't blame it on exercise and then it hit me - Friday I ate cheese. I rarely do dairy and for 10 years have been trying to decide if I react to it. I certainly don't get GI symptoms, but could I be getting hip pain? The last time I had this was when I was in WI visiting my grandbabies. I attributed the hip pain to carrying babies, but maybe it was the cheese???

I am going to lay off any dairy for a few months and then do a challenge and see what happens. If I am right, then I have another piece to my health puzzle. I don't get this hip pain often....I don't eat dairy often.

Anne

It can't be the WI cheese....
    Al

Community Member

Interesting observation and possible connection.

Good luck figuring this out Anne.

Marilyn

Distinguished Community Member annelb's Avatar

Life would be easier if I reacted to food immediately. Gluten takes about 24 hours to hit me.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by annelb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Life would be easier if I reacted to food immediately. Gluten takes about 24 hours to hit me.
    Anne
    Amen to that. Me too. When it could be anything from the previous day, it can be very difficult to figure out.

For me, I think dairy takes a long time to become an issue. Just using it once isn't an issue, but using it every day for a while it seems to build up into one problem or another.