Genotype CT European 4.67

Gene or region F2
    SNP: i3002432
    Allele GG European 1.0

Gene ABO
    SNP: rs505922
    Genotype CT
    Odds, European 1.09

The fact that I am CT and not TT like you on the ABO area gives me a little more risk.

Can I assume that I am heterozygous based on the above?

Marilyn

Distinguished Community Member annelb's Avatar

What telomere study? Or are you saying your telomere length was good? bad? Does 23 and me test telomere length?
    Anne

The Genotype can be either C, T, G or A. If they're the same: CC, TT, GG, AA that means you're homozygous for that gene which means more likely to have a stronger version of whatever that gene does. CT, CG, etc is heterozygous.

You get one of those letters from mom, and one from dad. :)

You're homozygous for the second SNP.

They have a report on your genes and their effect on your telomere length. It is under Traits/Biological Aging

Mine says:
    rs10936599 CT Shorter telomeres on average, equivalent to those of a person 3.91 years older.
    rs2736100 AC Typical telomere length on average.
    rs9420907 AC Longer telomeres on average, equivalent to those of a person 2.76 years younger.
    rs755017 AG Longer telomeres on average, equivalent to those of a person 2.47 years younger.
    rs11100479 CT Shorter telomeres on average, equivalent to those of a person 2.99 years older.
    rs10165485 TT Typical telomere length on average.
    ================
    1.67 years old... ? Bummer!

You can see that if you had all the right genes you might actually have really, really long telomeres and be 18 years younger biologically.
    Last edited by NancyM; 08-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Community Member

Anne, Yes, they do test for the telomere length.

They test for a lot of traits, including muscle fiber, ie. I am a sprinter type because I have 2 copies of Alpha-actinin 3 which is the fast twitch muscle fiber.

I am a slow metabolizer of caffeine, and resistant to one form of the Noro Virus.

There is so much information to go through but very interesting.

Marilyn

Distinguished Community Member annelb's Avatar

My test for insulin resistance showed no IR. But I am on a very low carb diet - 30-60 carbs a day. I told my doc I know I am IR cause if I eat about 60-80 carbs, my BG will go to 200. As long as I keep my carbs low, I can keep my insulin low too. I don't think that test was very helpful.

The other test was to see how much calcium I am losing. I think for the final result it needs to be tested in 6 months. It was the NTX or Deoxypyridinoline (serial) test.

the big thing I have added is exercise. Have been working with a trainer for 1 month now.

Anne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12