Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They took the kids

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris & B))))))

Since the little guy has been diagnosed with a neurological disorder, it should come as no surprise to any medical professional or social worker that he had a seizure. And in the tub is a common location for a seizure to occur.

What did B do, according to DFCS, to warrant a no contact order? He certainly didn't cause the child to seize. He was supervising the child, captured him before he drowned, called 911, engaged the neighbors to help him. That sounds like he did everything properly, and even saved the child's life. What is DFCS's justification for shutting out and/or blaming B?

I'm wondering whether it would be helpful for B to submit a written document to the hearing officials, in which he describes exactly what occurred from beginning to end on that date, include any findings at the ER where the little guy was taken, and refute each lie told by the EMTs. I don't know whether he'd be allowed to submit that, nor whether he might be in more trouble for showing up at all, since he's a persona non grata now in their eyes.

He should have some kind of due process. Are there any advocacy groups in their area for children with disabilities, or autism, or special needs? An advocacy group/agency might counsel and advise, attend the hearing with her or him or both, and would know their rights with regard to their children and the reach of the DFCS. You might be able to find advocacy groups for their general area or nearest metropolitan area or even for their state via a Google search. Then, make some phone calls.

As Donna wrote in her blog post, falsely accusing parents of children with special needs with child abuse is all too common. We need more advocates to help us battle this misperception and to educate professionals about the frailty and vulnerability of special needs children.

Sending prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Distinguished Community Member

still in prayer for all of you

Having been in the SYSTEM myself, I will pray for everyone involved. CPS, is a joke, and a bad one at that. Yes, SOMETIMES they get it right but that is the exception rather then the rule. If I'm not being too personal, Had they been involved before? If not, why did they just grab the child? My heart goes out to you folks and your families. the only advice I can offer is for mom to be at EVERY hearing and request ALL records and take names,times of who she speaks to. If the EMT's put a bunch of crap in the notes, Get copies and YOU have the right to put your own letter in (under HIPPA).
    Good Luck
    Bless the little one - I have been in the system and foster homes can be ( put your own language here) not good.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

hoping to see it allresolved soon and for children to be back with parents. hoping for b to stay as strong as he can during this trying time. not good for anyone. i know you want them all back home with you, you have a big heart. i know how it is with loving grandchildren as well.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ahh and there's the big problem. Yes, her family has been tormenting her and B for about a year. These are people, her mother mainly who follow them to the morning school bus stop and she yells about her precious grandbabies and their meth head mother, yelling about how my son is a crack head and prostitutes her out. That the babies are being mistreated. This is in front of other parents and their children. Pill popper, junkie, meth. I have no clue how she got out. Well ......... this time was B. She did it herself the first time got them babies from their abusive father.

Someone in her family keeps claiming her kids on their taxes. IRS finally catching up. My son has been assaulted by her brother. Now some psychos from her work are causing trouble. They moved and told no one where, then her mother got the info from the school.

Things are different down there. They are living in a trailer that would have been torn down because it was considered unlivable here. They are driving a vehice that is dying and are barely getting GF to work. They are a million miles from everything and not enough money to get ahead. The police are corrupt and spent a year and a half trailing my son around "town" because he was from Flint, MI. woo hoo big crime boss stuff going on LOLOL.

Something is cooking, she goes back to court Friday to find out whether the kids go back. They have cleaned the trailer and spent beaucoup bucks on a bunch of stuff to take care of roaches.

B is coming home Friday. His grandmother offered to go down and get him. I was going to make him ride the bus and just before I could purchase he called letting me know his g-ma would come down. He says he has something to tell me but he cant say it over the phone, nothing bad. Great! I have a feeling that as soon as she gets the kids back she will follow. She got approved for a transfer up within her company here a while back and sad to say they all kind of know what is going on.

Brandon is not the bio or even adoptive parent so he has no say. the court doesnt want to hear from him because he has no rights when it comes to the charges. Those are her children, she chose him to babysit therefore it is her fault. He has a no contact order and thats it.

Little man needs extensive working with and socialization. They are too far and too broke to get him where he needs to get help. Their hospitals are dinky and the only way you can get to a major hospital like in Atlanta seems like the other side of the country for them. Here they can get help and her work is less than a mile straight on from us.

It's all just very sad but I will be happy when it all gets resolved. Thank you everyone for your prayers and input especially since I have been gone so long. I just get to writing and it gets sso long so I have kind of laid off.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

of course things can only get worse. He was arrested this morning on a charge of 'cruelty to a child in the second degree' in Georgia it is no less than one no more than 18 years'. Honestly they don't have any evidence. Supposed pictures of his first and second degree burns from the scalding. These burns miraculously cleared up within hours lol. I spoke with the investigator who at first was very rude to me and told me if i ever called his number again he have me prosecuted but kill them with kindness and he changed his tune and by the end of a very unfruitful discussion he was apologizing. I can imagine the calls he gets. Couldn't discuss an open investigation.

This is what happened exactly, when ya got so many people tellin ya it gets skewed. B was giving little his bath just enough water to play and wash said he just rinsed littles hair and left the bathroom, yes he did, spent about 30 seconds around the corner from the bathroom to see what was for dinner went back in the bathroom and as he got ready to get little out of the tub he watched his eyes roll back in his head and then almost slide under the water. That 30 seconds, is what got him. Excluding the fact that little didnt start seizing until b got back to the bathroom that 30 seconds is what done him in. The child was normally playing with his toys so he thought it was okay. How many moms have lost their babies in that thirty seconds. It is a big no no. But like the sheriff said, he's young, inexperienced, and they're not his kids so he is still learning. He would never leave them for any length of time. He knows little is special and they have bonded amazingly well.

litlle is functioning and will interact, he moves around constantly and has his tics but he is by no means so low functioning that he would tolerate a scalding bath. I find him very sweet and fascinating. He doesn't talk though he used to.

So now instead of coming home he will have to deal with this. I wish I could be there.

His grandmother just bonded him out. $500

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris))))))

Oh dear, what a nightmare!

Was B Mirandized? Did he have a lawyer present, when he was questioned? Has he been referred to a Public Defender?

I could possibly understand a charge of negligence, but cruelty baffles me. If Little had scalding burns, they wouldn't disappear that quickly. Is there blistering or any kind of skin damage?

If the police are corrupt and have been tailing B, because he's from Up North, then they must be happy to finally nail him on something, regardless of how bogus the charge is. B needs a good defense lawyer, but if the entire system is corrupt (DA office/city council/judges), then he's going to need an exceptional lawyer.

What is the reason for GF's mother yelling these things in front of parents and children at the bus stop? GF should get a restraining order on her mother! But that costs money, and again, if the system is corrupt ...

DFCS needs to help GF find appropriate assistance for Little. Little needs a neuro, speech/hearing/physical therapy, etc. Is he in school?

Just a sad situation all around. I'm sure that it is stressful for you, especially being separated by miles. Be sure to take care of yourself during this crisis.

Prayers going up for the right resolution resulting in all of them leaving that state and living elsewhere.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

you stated it so right rose. i am holding my breath way to much while reaing this.bad habit i have when sointo whatever i am reading.

chris you are a good mother and have the kind of heart i wish all mothers had.
    from me who has had multiple burns and once held my ankle against a hot 4-wheeler motor for 20 minutes, yep i know plenty about burns and they require therapy even if it is for a short amount of time and it is that hot.
    Last edited by joy; 07-18-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Arrested? WTF chuck? I hope that B can get a competent attorney.

for Chris
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

I wish you the best. Talk to the State Police and the state AG - they are usually above the levels of local corruption. talk to your local churches and other social services (not CPs) as they may be able to help. if you can, use a cell phone to document this other women's behavior - In fact , document everything you can get a cell phone for $10. at the dollar store, if you have a physical address and you qualify, you can get one for FREE w/250 minutes a month - I wish you the best of luck and all your family.
    Alex44
    Blessings
    Skypilot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast