Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They took the kids

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default They took the kids

B and his GF just had their kids taken and placed in foster care and it took less than 36 hours. The youngest boy had a seizure in the tub while my son was watching him, mom at work and of course the dominos spilled from there.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

oh chris !

i feel so sorry for your b. did the boy ever have a seizure before?

i hope they settle this one quick, because they can see the kids are okay and someone is caring for them. it could have happened to anyone.

just support b and his gf and hope the kids are back home soon.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member

That's too bad. Hopefully they can get them back soon. I'll pray that they do.
    Take care,
    Dawn

after this seizure they are kind of wondering if some of his behaviors may have been some kind of seizure before. He's having some tests run and so far a cat scat shows no seizure activity. I called their worker and asked how I could help, she asked me what I wanted to do and I told her I wanted to bring them all home and she is going to speak with her supervisor and we'll see what happens at the end of the day Monday.

B is in hysterics because she has decided that she has to get rid of him to get her kids back. She's too afraid to come up here, afraid of being abandon supposedly. So I told B to sleep on it and if he wants to come home then we make arrangements.

i hope they return those children home to them real soon. have you and whole family in prayers.

Blog Entries

Wow that sucks Monday can't come soon enough.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

I am so sorry, my friend. I wrote a blog post about this scenario in our families - it's a terrible situation and so, so painful. http://www.donnathomson.com/2013/07/...y-abusers.html
    Good luck and I will say my prayers over the weekend. x Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Donna thank you. I think it's terrible that the medical field in general doesn't understand that some of these children that are mobile and with Little's issues are just more likely to skin a knee, bump their heads, bruise continually yet every minor scrape is seen as the results of abuse. My son was terrified that something like this would happen while he was left alone with him. Her family has made horrible accusations about both of them.

Thank you everyone, we are hoping that this weekend will clear up their personal issues so they can provide a united front on Monday.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris))))))

Can B describe the seizure? Perhaps some of us here with experience with seizures might be able to help. A CAT scan won't tell much about seizure activity, just rule out potential causes, such as brain tumor, and it is standard hospital procedure for any patient, who has had a seizure to have a CT scan. An EEG would be helpful.

I'll be sending up prayers that all is resolved Monday.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

B said that little man stood up from playing in the tub and then kind of slumped against the wall with his eyes rolled back in his head as he slumped down into the water. B got him out then ran for help while trying to call 911 then he and the neighbors waited for the ambulance. The child is 5 and diagnosed autistic, possibly aspergers but his being so young it's kind of hard.

B is now totally out of the picture as far as the DFCS dept. is considered. He is on no contact order for the kids. She has to find a better place to live and a new sitter then they will consider giving the kids back to her but my son has to be out of the picture. I pray that none of her family is given care.

He is heartbroken and distraught. She of course has chosen her children and has totally blocked off brandon. Not even doing it herself, having a friend tell him. He never got a goodbye. He thought they were a family.

he wants to go to the hearing Monday to at least be able to plead his case and defend himself but he may not be allowed. I have told her that they can live here, she is guaranteed a job less than a mile away and B can stay at his grams and do classes whatever they want. She's kickin herself for not coming up here way back when I warned them this would happen. Hopefully we can transfer the case. She hasn't answered my will she come if I can get it transferred so I hope she is mulling it over.

poor B is totally lost as to what to do. He wants to go t o the hearing and show a united front instead of leaving but then if he shows up it may show the court that she is not trying. To hear the lies the EMTs put in the medical records is terrible. Their whole child protective system is very easy to get into and very hard to get out of. Even married couples are made to choose between husband or kids.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast