Thread: Log in question

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Default Log in question

For some reason I have to re-log in every time I come to BT. I can't see the Remember Me check box. What is happening? Thank you for your response.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

wanted to delete but it was to late
    Last edited by joy; 07-13-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Jan :)

Which style are you using? Which browser are you using? Most likely it's just a glitch with your browser. Have you tried clearing the cache and deleting the BT cookies?
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

I am using Firefox 22.0
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Blog Entries

Ok I will try to look into this over the weekend, I may not have much time depending on how my group progresses with our presentation that is due next Wed

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok I will try to look into this over the weekend, I may not have much time depending on how my group progresses with our presentation that is due next Wed
    Thanks for any time you can spare, my favorite saying is "Crap Happens"

Blog Entries

Hi Jan :)

I looked it over and I don't see any reason on BT's end that would cause you not to see the remember me box. I would like for you to clear your browsing history and delete the BT cookies and try again please.

To delete the history (this will affect other sites that you have visited)
    click on the history link in the top left corner of the browser
    click on "clear recent history"
    in the "time range to clear" select "everything"
    then check the boxes for the following (and only these boxes): browsing & download history, cache, offline website data, site preferences (this will affect other sites that you visit by logging you out if a site requires you to log in).

To delete BT's cookies follow these steps:

Click on Tools
    Click on Options
    Click the Privacy tab
    Click the "Show cookies" button
    Select the braintalkcommunities folder
    Click on the "remove cookies" button.

Then restart Firefox and see if you can now see the remember me box.

Step 1 - log in