Thread: Surgery scares and lack thereof?

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Question Surgery scares and lack thereof?

I was writing about my experiences with surgery for a project and remembered something that I find very puzzling. I had tendon lengthening/stretching on both my achilles tendons to treat severe tension caused by my Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy. I also had my adductors (or was it abductors? I forget) stretched on both sides. Where my adductors were done on the sides of my legs I have very obvious scars. They look like white lines with white dots next to them where each stitch was put into my skin. But my feet have no scars whatsoever despite the achilles tendon lengthening. I was thinking "what the hell?!" Do scares from achilles tendon surgery like that simply disappear? I was 3 when I had the achilles tendon done. Am I simply not seeing the scars because I was too young to remember where they were? Why are my other scares so obvious in comparison? Why did my other scars never really fade?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 07-08-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

Not sure if this is why but it's a theory of mine

The skin on your feet can be up to 20 times thicker than anywhere else. With the surgeries on the tendon being done at such a young age, it's quite possible that you simply outgrew the scars. I can't speak about surgical scars since i don't have any, but most of my minor scars from falls and whatnot have since disappeared.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.