Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A horrible hurricane and i see no posts?????

Exclamation A horrible hurricane and i see no posts?????

i guess my avatar is gone and that is in a different system, all my pictures are.

does anyone remember, agate must, the days when people posted there storm fears??????????? wasn't it tammy in LA whose husband worked for the cable co and she could not leave?

i am in RI, the gerbils can't help me. maybe all members of forum are in Irene's path. that is what i liked about old forum, howard, not howie, in the face of a hurricane saying that they would say his lawn was mowed. (yeh, the memory is not gone, but the fingers and eyes are)

the whole 95 corridor.

i am not on the coast in RI, it is being evacuated tomorrow AM or already. there were people in the Carolinas, etc, on here.

Mike, my avatar i liked it. where did he get that weird email address?

hi salspalsally, if i spelled that right.

well, if NYC gets the hit it is going to we are all in trouble. no coffee available, but bars and liquor stores open. Moi, I made lots of coffee for no power.

i forgot to look where howie located now.

it is coming here early am and all day tomorrow. i will shut down tonight.

worst summer of my life.

i had not been on all summer i don't think.

only 3 people on here? oh, did this just start the 26th with the hurricane?

anyway, i got logged in, i see 4 people i know.

why does that keep saying auto sound in yellow and going away????
    member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
    William Butler Yeats

hello! I'm here too. I have been watching hurricane news on TV much of the day. I am in New Mexico and we are having a
    walloping thunder storm, lightening and thunderheads colliding. All to the good, as we had a terrible drought this year, 8 months, then the Las Conchas fire, the biggest fire in our history, and I was evacuated for the second time (first one was the Cerro Grande fire in 2000. It has been a bad summer for me too. I got poisoned by smoke after the fire, came back too soon.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I just heard that Richmond Va is without power. My Son lives there. Haven't heard from him since this afternoon.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm in Danville VA. and didn't get anything. But I'm glad it moved on.

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Hi
    I'm in western MA and we've had a lot of rain here on my farm---too much. it will hurt baby crops.

Other than that, not much.

The thing is--I was selling my crops at a farmers' market yesterday. SSusan came to help and she said it might rain even yesterday (saturday). I was dismissive of the idea. I thought it was all hype by the local media. Boy was I wrong!

When I gpt home which is 18 miles away(after 8 hours AT the market), it was pouring and had been all morning.

I unloaded the very little we had not (thanks to SSusan) sold and looked like a drowned rat--drove to a farmer up the road to get lettuce leaves for my geese and came home to feed them, the dogs, the cats and then myself.

once you stop worrying about getting wet and your clothes and hair are dripping wet~~you can do a lot in the rain!

Today's rain is coming in bands so far so I can go out between the bands to check on things. So far, so good.

Good luck to us all.

Linda (whose signature line has disappeared in the forum's change.)

Distinguished Community Member

Hi,
    I'm in Central NY and we are getting hit with damaging winds of 50-60 mph and heavy rains. We are under a flood watch and wind advisory until late Sunday night. So far the fire dept. in my area has had 2 calls
    I just hope that we don't lose any power. I'm all set if we do I have plenty of water and I've charged up my ham radio battery so I can talk on the radio in case the phone or power lines go down. This reminds me
    of the hurricane that hit here in 1972 when we had floods and homes ruined. Take care and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's possible that many on this board aren't able to post because they've been so badly hit by the hurricane. They may have lost power, and they may be frantically fleeing to a safer area. I doubt that I'd be on a message board if a hurricane headed my way.

I hope everyone who's been affected by this disaster is able to cope. Hard to cope with MS going on but maybe this is the time to seek out any resources you can think of--family, friends, social service agencies.

Linda, I hope you're managing to dry off. You should find your signature here restored on your 11th post--that's what the administrators are saying in Forum Feedback.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

Hello all!

BJF- that yellow sign that flashes on and off at the bottom right while you are writing says, "auto-saved." A good feature! Remember old lost posts?

P. and I came home from our week in Truro (Cape Cod) to fill the tub, freeze milk and OJ, make ice, turn frig and freezer up. We washed everything we could find in the DW and did 2 loads of laundry- vacation clothes and beach towels and blankets. (We bought our storm groceries in P-town.)

SO, went to do some things for his mom and I put on my rain jacket and put yard things away- milk box, flowers in pots, bird feeder, furniture and on aand on- killed myself. I didn't have the energy I just forced myself and sang a little - I think this week will be a steroid week- song. I was so hot and dirty when we came in that I had to get into that tub of cold water to save myself! It will still work for flushing, tho.'

Later, after SO was home, we checked the pump- a good pump but doesn't work w/o electricity! At some point, we had to declare ourselves done. But I see things in other yards and so help me, they better not crash into my skylights!

We are 5 miles from the bay w big trees. It's been raining on and off since yesterday afternoon and the wind began about 1 hour ago.

Some of the towns on the Naragansett Bay were evac'd so I'm wondering about Cheri.

Linda- concerned about all of you in W. Mass and anyone on S. facing beaches in New England.

Best to all of us- ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-28-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

We only got our internet connection back about 1/2 hour ago. We were without cable t.v. during that time too.

I think the worst is over now. Oh the horrors of deprivation!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

The storm is over and the sun is almost out.

I'vr been out with the dogs and driven my scooter to feed my geese.

I've trimmed some hedges too!

It's really nice now.

it's the ampyra and the steroid pulse I do that seems to be responsible for my robust health--life is very full lately. I hope it is real and that it last awhile.

Linda

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast