Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How's about a "Summer 2012" thread?

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Cool How's about a "Summer 2012" thread?

K arrives on Thursday and I pick her up @ 3 pm.....I am planning on wearing the felt deer antlers my sister wore when they surprised me last December. I have my needed computer supplies packed that I can't live without for 2 month. Go figger, eh? Later today I'll start packing my clothes. I'm not taking much as I am planning to "hit" yard sales to find some good deals. Of course, I will have to make sure I have take more medical supplies than I think I'll need. I have two packages of brisket to bring also.....can't go without the brisket........ A family picnic had been planned by brother P for his family and his wife's family on the 13th of July. Of course, there will be kayaking. How is your summer going this year?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

I was just wondering when you were leaving so glad to wake up & read this! get away from the heat I hope? you'll have fun & it will be good to be with your family. we expect pictures of your big smile! how about we make it summer 2013 so my brain can connect? thanks for sharing Jan.

Fat fingers is the reason for the typo.......go figger, eh?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

12 13 whts thediferece
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

i hope this summer is good

many were were BAD

I MOVED hated the old place
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

Hope you likw your new place Clouds. we're gonna get some heat around here real quick! little rain lately has been nice though. are you still in Fairhaven?

Kathy and I are just resting, waiting to pack up the truck for an early start tomorrow morning. There are stuff that has to be packed just before we leave. If I forget anything, I'll just have to get it along the way. Went to visit with Hank and he has a new haircut. We will gas up at Walmart when we stop for dry ice in the morning.

i am so glad i logged in and saw these messages. glad you are getting to go, make it count and have fun enough for all of us. i love reading of your adventures. hubby use to make an awersome brisket -- used my recipes of course and he did the cooking. i'd love if you shared how you cook yours sometimes. of course i have forgotten how we use to do ours by now it has been so long ago we cooked one. have fun fun fun but stay safe and return often and update us.

We had a great trip from Texas to Wisconsin in two days, about 1400 miles. I had called the cable company to have the TV and internet to be installed on July 2nd, I had a conformation number and was told the tech would be there between 9 & 10 am. At 9:45 called to find out where the tech was. only to be told that the order was canceled because I didn't call and confirm the conformation. I did call but on hold for over 30 minutes each time. I finally got hooked up today the 6th.

Last night My family got together at the Moose Lodge for a good Wisconsin Fish Fry.

so glad i hope all stays good for whole trip jan.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast