Thread: 2 questions

Hybrid View

New Community Member

Default 2 questions

G'day!

Just a couple of questions.

Taken me about 20 minutes to find where to post. eeek

Regarding the "History of Braintalk Inc"... hope you all ask some of us who were here way back in what... 1997. Anyone else remember that? We were pioneers on the information superhighway along with John Lester at MGH Neurology Chatrooms.

Braintalk has a much longer history than from when it became "Braintalk". I hope that is never, ever, ever forgotten.

The other question I wondered about was copyright. What is the copyright policy right now?

thanks,
    Lara

Hello Lara,

Stories about your memories about MGH and/or Brain Talk were to be submitted to btsysop@gmail.com by August 26th. I'm sure people are still sending in stories, so if you have one to send, please do.

I don't know what the copyright policy is right now. Perhaps someone who knows will come along and answer that question for you.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 08-27-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

New Community Member

Darn. OK.

Thanks so much for letting me know, Mod 7.

Appreciated.

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stories regarding your own memories are always welcome and can be submitted either by emailing them as Mod #7 mentioned. Though some of you may have noticed, I have started a thread here in the Forum Feedback that describes a "Moment in BrainTalk History".
    We (Dan, Mike, myself) are compiling a couple of different articles about BT and it's history. We would like to hear from as many members as possible. Anything you care to share good or bad about the history of BT or what it means to you will be considered. We can't promise we will use everyone's story, or all of your story. When this will be ready to go will depend on the response from members. All "stories" will be proofread and may be edited to fit with the overall history of BT.

As for BrainTalk Communities Inc's copyright policy.
    It remains pretty much unchanged.

Material on the BTC web site is protected by copyright law. Unless otherwise stated, users may print or download information from this site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided they identify the source of the material and include a statement that the materials are protected by copyright law. Reprinting or otherwise reproducing any document in whole or in part is prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the copyright owner.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

New Community Member

Thank you very much for all that information, David.
    Appreciated.