Thread: Apologies for the downtime and error earlier today

Blog Entries

Default Apologies for the downtime and error earlier today

Howdy folks

As some of you may have noticed BT was offline for a little while and was displaying an error message. If you recall we had an issue with our hot linking setup a few weeks ago. During that time our host sent me a link showing how much work was needed on the site to make it more efficient. Today was the final step (well maybe I might be able to tweak more stuff later ) and I did a boo boo which caused the server to hiccup and refuse to play nice.

Everything is sorted out now :) I have attached two screen shots, the first one shows our grade before the tweaks and adjustments while the second one shows our current grade

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have only tweaked the vB4 Default style for now. I will slowly be doing the tweaks to the other styles. When I am working on a particular style, that style will become the default style until it's done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 06-05-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.