Quote Originally Posted by ljbeyer View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I'm very late to this thread, but I'm wondering if there are any updates. Our 7 year old daughter was diagnosed with complex partial and gelastic seizures this past November. After unsuccessful attempts with Keppra and a few other drugs, Trileptal seems to be working. However, she has now been diagnosed with ADHD and Oppositional Defiance Disorder. We are wondering whether there is an underlying problem that is causing both these problems and the seizures. But the doctors never have been able to give us a root cause for her seizures. Her EEG was abnormal but her MRI was normal. We are trying to get the doctors to take a look at her MRI to confirm that we aren't dealing with HH or another type or structural problem that is causing her the trouble. But it's hard to get their attention when her seizures are well controlled with the Trileptal. I'm wondering if anyone else has faced these types of issues before.... Thanks in advance!
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I know how frustrating things can be. As I have come to realize, there may never be answers as to why our children develop such conditions. What I can tell you is, have patience. Without it, you will drive yourself crazy. It took some time for my sons doctors to understand what was going on and how to treat him, altho we have yet to find a cause. He continues to be seizure free while on the Keppra and Trileptal. Just hang in there and keep asking questions. Educate yourself in every way possible.

Jess