Thread: Owww, nothing helps

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default Owww, nothing helps

The only time my PN really bothers me is in the early morn. before I get out of bed. As a matter of fact, even if I really do want to stay in bed, I get up to move around my legs. (I feels like I have a vise grip on my lower legs.) But after walkling only a bit, it's not bad. (unless I go back to bed.)
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

mine still will bother me in bed. but now that feet and up on legs is dead, that is like I wonder where my feet are? but the parts higher on legs and on body start to burn like a bad sunburn. but compared to how feet use to be, well I can live with that. really wish the feelings in feet would return tho even if it did hurt. I still walk out of my shoes and don't relise it. and hands are still dying and stay cold. the difference is when the nerves start dying, the are hot but the more they die off, the colder they stay, at least with me.

And when I am on feet much like walking, that is when I get the vise like feeling on my legs, like ouch they are so tight and that is unnerving to say the least. I wish you could have some relief Lor.

Do either of you have carpets? I try to stimulate my nerves against the rug. For days, I felt nothing, but finally I FElT! the bristles of the carpet ! I have chemically induced neuropathy.

Linnie

double post
    Last edited by joy; 04-09-2013 at 08:14 PM.

i do not have anything but tile or hardwood floor because I have been in and out of wheelchairs or kneewalkers far to many times. It is just easier. No my feet are dead as I can walk on rocks at lake and not feel anything. I did this last summer when I lost my shoes in lake and did not know it. I injured my feet enough to keep me down for over 3 months tho. And as I keep lamenting on... dang hands are getting to be just about as bad as feet. absolutely hate this crud and it started about 10 years or more. The rest of body has a burned feelibng and it is very distracting but not as painful as hands and feet or legs. Legs feel so tight and they are numbish also.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

We have carpet in the bedroom & in the livingroom.
    Linnie, What do you mean by "stimulate your nerves against the rug"?
    Lorraine (lor)