Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joy Laid an Egg!

Distinguished Community Member

my blue birds have come back for the 2nd time in same gourd home. i aam excited whenever i can catch one of them flying out of the gourd. i did see the babies sitting at the opening but that was all. i don't get to do much because the beautiful hanger metal thingy that hubby made for me is waay to high for me to reach up. i came up with wire extensions to hang them on but that is getting very difficult to do because my arm that had the torn rotator cuff in '02 is still bothering me. i have difficulty even getting arm up to type but i make myself do it some. grope gripe lol

so glad you post with us marion, much hugs to you.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Wow,,,,, I have fallen in love with the birds around here. This thread caught my attention too, so I danced on over here to see what kind of bird Joy laid.

You girls amaze me. I remembered when Mom was so sick with cancer, but brother and I put some nest and such for her enjoyment. Well, I was hooked. Mom had humming birds and they kept us all busy .

When I first got my gallbladder out I could see a birds nest from my lounge. It gave me something to do that I could enjoy. Well, mama bird got busy and finished the nest, laid 2 eggs, kept me busy watching. I had to go back to hospital, came home and was afraid they were gone. The day later I look out and there were 2 baby birds just peeking over the edge, looking right at me.

Everybody laughed at me except the grand's. I enjoyed them awhile, then back to the hospital. When I came home just as I was going into the door I look and those little birdies are perched on the nest looking straight at me. I stopped long enough to talk some baby bird talk to them. They would turn their back to me and flap their wings. Beautiful color, but never knew what kind of bird they were. After showing mama Jo approved they flew away one day while I had been to Dr. I was sad.

Not long after that I found a Dove nest in the red tip bushes. that's another whole story, but I knew I had seen some Doves flying in from the bushes. Susan and Beth brought me a Humming Bird feeder, I've been watching but haven't seen a humming bird yet.

So; y'all just call me Ms. Jane Hathaway. Gosh, I even let Beth's Spinky, (her dog )lay his head in my lap. He wants to sit in my lap, but he is big and not a lap dog!! Beth posted a picture on Facebook and my sister wrote her and asked her what she had done to her sister!! I don't go to facebook, but Beth sent me a picture. Now I have a "Grand Dog".

I'm so proud!! Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

my poor hummingbirds still will fly and look inside kitchen window as if to say hey where is the food. i have not put out any this year. would like to for them to fatten up before they leave but know i won't be able to even get that done.

it takes all my energy to try and stay clean myself these days and do a load of laundry. hubby is getting pretty good at that, lol. and i haven't been to buy groceries and supplies in such a long time.

marion i am happy that you are staying with us. and love that you still have zoo job. awesome

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Joy, Ken and Susan put my hummingbird thing up. I keep watching, making Ken clean it, put fresh food and water inn their house. I could still watch it. So Sad, never saw even one hummingbird. Ken washed and cleaned it real good yesterday, put it away until next year.

I couldn't reach any of the nest, but I'll figure something out next year.

shhhuu-eeeee we have been invaded by SKUNKS!! Israel brought a cage over and put it in the back yard close to the fence. First night he caught one. Last night he was going to kill it, but the sweet little fellow came back in the house and was soaked with sweat from head to toe. He was so upset. He didn't have the heart to kill it.

So, now Papa is going to have to probably take it off to the woods and turn it loose. I hope it catches more than one before he takes them off. Ken can't hurt flee if I wasn't allergy to them! I can't bear this, but can't bear the skunks.

Any idea anybody? Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

i am ready for marion to make an update. seems like we all have been so much slower than we use to be when it comes to posting. I am so glad to see that you have been here Julia. my computer was not worth saving so hubby bought a new cpu when he went to pick up the last one that had a virus on it. I sure hope I did list all the numbers in my little book that was emilees. it has been here for years and she has not kept up with it and I figure she has forgotten all about it by now, lol.

I keep getting so mad at myseld and hubby as we both cannot keep up with anything. he is misplacing things as often as I am. he had some labels that he bought and looked everywhere. well tonight I went to store something in the shelves of paint and craft stuff and there they were, upside down on the floor right in front of where he sits, lol.

well it is late and we have church in the morning then his family reunion. so up early to shower and bake the bought lasagna that I will take. also grandson spent night here so it will be hectic for sure especially by time grand daughter gets here to go to church. wow now hope I go to sleep fast. take care everyone.

and no FALLS for any of us. thinking of dear pati and hope she is holding up alright.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12