Thread: Pain Clinics

Default Pain Clinics

I have thought about going to a pain clinic. Has anyone had any experience with them?

So i'm not sure what a pain clinic can do for me - any ideas?

Tina
    Last edited by annie56; 03-11-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Distinguished Community Member

yes I use to go to them. It is a toss up as people are different. Ihad a number of different types of pain tho. If you hurt really bad, it is worth a visit. Tell them everything and see if pain doc thinks it will help you.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Yep me too. I have a fantastic pain management doc. Got very lucky to have found him since I had already had two stints of needle jockey treatment with no meds from two different docs. My current pain doc gives me low lumbar back injections when I need them but also keeps me in pain meds when I need them.

I knew I would like this doc as soon as my first visit, he took almost an hour to assess me and to talk.

So I say beware the needle jockeys who want to do injections all the time but don't want to prescribe medication.

Visit a couple of different ones until you find one you like. You are not obligated to see any doc just because he or she were your first visit.

There are a lot of facets to pain management. I believe I mentioned therapy in one of your other posts about depression. Use them while you can. The whole you needs to be treated. Good luck hon.

Distinguished Community Member

Pain clinics are ok. Injections work for some - so you MAY want to try that route, particiularly if you have insurance to cover it, . I would also get his opinion of pain meds - I wish you the very best of luck. P.N. is NO joke - my feet esp. and other extremities are either numb, or hurt like the devil itself. Take care and blessings to you.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 10-09-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: SP