Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Struggling with the tears

  1. #1

    Default Struggling with the tears

    Wow - I thought I had beaten the depression part of this!

    Have any of you gotten help from counseling - to me it seems like if I talk it makes things worse :( I try to stay positive and maybe I'm asking too much of myself
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by annie56; 03-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Blog Entries


    Hi Annie and welcome. I don't have PN, at least not diagnosed yet, but I do suffer from chronic 24/7 pain so I know a bit about pain and I also suffer from severe depression, anxiety and a diagnosis of Bipolar II.

    I see a psychiatrist and a therapist. For me while by no means being a cure it sure helps. Even if I just see my therapist and sit and cry and rant I always feel lighter leaving. My psych is very good and while I am very med sensitive what little I can take is better than without. You don't have to take any meds you don't want to but most places the therapist will have you checked by a psych doc to try to assess your state for proper treatment therapy-wise.

    I hope you find some relief soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Really Struggling Here
    By houghchrst in forum Anxiety Disorders (General)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
  2. Struggling with recent TS diagnosis and effective treatments
    By hvidlilje in forum Emotional Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
  3. Help! I am struggling! what am I doing wrong!
    By leef in forum Traumatic Brain Injury
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.