unwelcome feeling in chat rooms :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unwelcome feeling in chat rooms :(

I started chatting in a site for those with emotional conditions and got an extreme unwelcome from others there... They simply classified me as a FREAK becuz I have ACC ( agenesis of corpus callosum) and don't always talk as they do. I did try explaining myself but they just singled me out and kept booting me and another ACCer freind.. so we both LEFT. I guess they just don't get brain issues?
    Knowledge is Power!

Originally posted by ACC_gal View Post
    I started chatting in a site for those with emotional conditions and got an extreme unwelcome from others there... They simply classified me as a FREAK becuz I have ACC ( agenesis of corpus callosum) and don't always talk as they do. I did try explaining myself but they just singled me out and kept booting me and another ACCer freind.. so we both LEFT. I guess they just don't get brain issues?
    It pains me to hear about such happenings. This sort of negative treatment towards another solely due to their medical condition is simply unacceptable and dehumanizing. If practiced by the members of a forum or chat towards a group, it may be a form of communal discrimination. You will find those practices are simply not tolerated here at BrainTalk Communities. There are no freaks here. This is a community that specializes in neurological disorders. Everyone who comes here has problem(s) they are seeking help, info for, and/or is seeking support. Some may experience issues that effect brain function on various levels. As a member, everyone here must keep this in mind, and do their best to use understanding, empathy, and compassion as much as possible when reading and replying to posts . In this way we can all do our best to keep this community a peaceful, harmonious, and supportive place.

I hope you find better support for your troubles with ACC,
    "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

That's sick ACC_gal, Maybe it started as a legitament(sp) site, but was overwelled with ??? jerks. I feel sorry ACC_gal (or should I say I feel sorry for the idiots cuz they appear to be idiots).
      Lorraine (lor)

Comment

they now have chatrooms here?

Comment

Notable cases

Kim Peek, inspiration for the film Rain Man and renowned for his savant abilities, was born with agenesis of the corpus callosum, along with macrocephaly and damage to the cerebellum.[6]

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

ive been on forums for years and they suddenly turned on me -people do act starange at times

Comment

No this was in another forum with chat. if they do have chat here.. I have never been in it. Not sure i'd want to considering bad experiences in other sites.
              Knowledge is Power!

Comment

I've never had problems with Brain Talk people, I know someone who stopped going to some rooms cuz. of the people there.
                Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Working...
                X