Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really Struggling Here

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Jo I look forward to it and I know I could count on you for help in a heartbeat.

Pati, watching Westminster and thinking of ya.

Distinguished Community Member

only got to see last night of dog show. was happy for the new judge! and glad the Affie won. he had a good personality.

Did I mention my anxiety attack when got my head scan? was nearly hysterical.

Distinguished Community Member

I missed the dog show but did see who the winner was and the runner ups. makes me want a dog sooo bad. Pati I can imagine how that testing got to you. I sure hope they can fix you up good. take care

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

well I am following my therapists advice and working on my board. I am posting a picture so yous can all get an idea of what I am doing

I have discovered that making a list of daily housekeeping chores keeps it there instead of in my head. I know what to do, when to do it so now I don't worry about it. Almost like I took it from my brain and put it on the wall. it is so ridiculously easy.

THe right side lists things I would like to accomplish with my spare time. that will grow and change and these are things that would satisfy me also.

That little bit on the bottom is my procrastination stuff. Things not in the regular household chores but needs to be done. Oh sure there is a lot that could go there but I limit myself to three, that way I don't feel overwhelmed.

As you can see Friday I have no chores really just my sewing room. Which is code for I can do any dang thing I want. Watch movies, work on SR, take care of something on my wanted list. I am quite satisfied with this.

I am feeling much better. Cj and I no longer live in silence with each other. Love is good and I have been doing pretty good. Shortcake is getting work done and his encopresis is being taken care of.

I realized that I do so much worrying and that I was so overwhelmed with shortcakes schooling and encopresis and the house, bills, etc. that I was not putting my all into shortcake's issues. I feel like I am spreading myself thin mentally and emotionally, so I am finding a way to get it out of my head.

Also I just didn't want to break shortcakes little heart by cutting back on his gaming but he needs some help because he is developing some odd behavior at school. We did homework for about 3 hours yesterday. I am hating 6th grade as much as he is. I did manage to help with math lol, that MEAP math is the pits. He lies about his work and I can tell he is not paying attention at school because when I ask him about particular work he doesnt seem to have a clue as to what I am talking about until I pull it out of his binder.

Okay did I tell yous about the odd fantasy, almost LARPING, at school with one of his teachers? I will have to look around. Yes it's bizarre.

He gets on the xbox every day but only for a couple of hours and only after everything else he is supposed to do is taken care of. He doesn't stay on the game steadily, he gets up and interacts with the rest of us boring adults, plays with the dogs, sometimes goes outdoors to play. We have xbox live so he chats and plays against his friends online. He doesn't have a head set so uses the Kinect and we can hear pretty much everything. I hear him laughing hysterically often throughout his playing, they have a good time which is why I am so hesitant to cut back his time. These are mostly boys he knows from elementary school with a couple he hasnt met being online friends only. besides those guys he doesnt really have any friends around the neighborhood. Psych says it is way too much so we are going back to the days on and off during the week.

also added chores and he wants to learn to cook so he can help with dinner once in a while. The schedule is posted as of middle of this week but does not go into effect until Monday. Starting a fresh week and we haven't really discussed it as a family so we will do that this weekend and maybe some things added or changed. Looks like I'll be booked up for a while doing homework throughout the weeek LOLOL

good lord I have gone on, krikey.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123