Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello I'm Austin! I'm a living medical mystery and need the help of this community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I'm Austin! I'm a living medical mystery and need the help of this community

braintalk community,

I'm very unfamiliar with forums such as these, but I've heard that there are some very wise and thoughtful people on this site. I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction and give me some good advice.

I am a pre-med student, but I've had to withdraw from college and almost all other activities because of the chronic eye pain and head pain I've endured over the last 3 years. The pain is unrelenting and has brought my life to a screeching halt.

I reside in Texas and I've traveled all over America to see many excellent physicians across the various specialties who have done careful evaluations. Unfortunately, despite all of these efforts, my diagnosis (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension) remains in doubt by many and none of the medical or surgical treatments have alleviated the pain I experience.

I've had more surgeries than I can count...but here is a collage I created with pictures from my most recent procedures:

the collage is from my website which contains my full extensive medical history, imaging, and post-op photos. Here is the link to my site: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I've seen so many doctors... yet I am no closer to finding an answer.

I'm hoping that perhaps with the help of this community I can make progress.

The constant pain has taken its toll on me, but I'll never give up hope that there is an answer to my condition.

most sincerely,
    Austin

welcome Austin, I hope you find what you are looking for here. Everyone is great and you may post wherever you feel.

i suffer from chronic pain including migraines as do many others here so you're not alone.

Comment

Austin I surely hope you can be rid of the pain soon. it reminds me of my trigeminal neuralgia or 5th nerve pain that felt like it was knocking my socks off when it hit. But at least that would subside finally and be over, leaving me to dread next time. but at least I did get temporary relief. Please let us knoiw how you do and I know everyone here is wishing you relief soon.

Comment

Welcome Austin, I'm glad you found us. I have been coming here for years. I usualy go to the epilepsy & periferal neuropathy rooms also the Chit Chat room, but recently not as many go there as awhile ago. I hope we/someone can be of help.
        Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Hey brother hang in there I no how you feel I to have a injury lifting in 2006 I have seen many doctors with no explanation I tore something in my stomach with pain all the time you think with technology we shouldn't, be going thru this but here we are struggling day to day in pain and misery good luck to you brother I hope some day you will be cured.

Comment

Working...
          X