Still with you all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David

Sorry for all you have been through here lately and for the loss of your father.

I want to say though that you are fortunate to have had such a wonderful man as a father and I am sure it was the same for him to have had such a giving and knowlegable man for a son..

May the road ahead be a smooth one for you and yours.

Linda

Comment

Condolances

On your loss. Your father sounds like a remarkable man and from being on the board a long time, so are you. I am very glad you did not need surgery and you recovered o.k. My S/O has a siezure disorder and to witness one, much less go thru one, is quite scary I am glad you had caring people around to help.
      Blessings
      Alex44
      Skypilot

PS Happy Holidays

Comment

Dear David,
        You are an eloquent writer. You have described your father with such love and warmth, he is someone I think we all would have liked to know. What a wonderful life you have shared....I certainly hope that helps ease your loss. Please know you and your family are in in my prayers and thoughts as you grieve the loss of your father. Be well....I hope you are healed from the seizure and sub-dura hematoma. What a terrible time you have had....2013 will be a healing year...a better year.
        Take care, Diandra

Comment

David, I'm sorry you had that nasty fall & I hope things are better now.your dad sounds like he was a great man, he must have been.....gosh, just look at his kid. I'm so sorry for your loss.
          Lorraine (lor)

Comment

im sorry your father died so tragically and of your fall

happy holidays

Comment

David I applaud you and your relationshop with your dad. So sorry about you Dad you will see him again one day that I know and believe. I personally want to thank you for this website, it plugged me into others with the same issues etc. Seeing names like Dodi and many other regulars makes me feel at home. I had no one for many years as I am 40 years post op colloid cyst removal at UCSF by Dr Wilson. I am a survivor. thanks again and I pray your seizures will be controlled. My mother was an epileptic at 2 in the am she would have a gran mal sezure I was only 4 at the time my first encounter with them it shook me up to see the process. I in turn became a critical care RN for 45 years returned to work one year after I had my crani. Again thank you for you insight to bring this colloid cyst family togerther.
              Donna

Comment

Donna,
                Thank You for the nice reference as a "regular". I am a bit scattered these days as I have weathered a very nasty divorce and moved back to my hometown.
                I still check in almost daily to see if there are any new people seeking info. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to the site. It is so nice to see familiar "faces"
                around here. Have had contact with another CCer that lives here in Louisville. She is a retired Nurse also. She and I attended a Brain Injury Forum in Lexington, KY
                a few years back. Hugs and hope for continued healing.

Take Care, Dodi
                Last edited by Discododi; 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling.....
                Colloid cyst of the third ventricle surgically removed via crainiotomy November 2000. One month in-patient Speech and Occupational Therapies, nine months out-patient therapies. Doing very well today, headaches are gone!!!!!

Comment

Howdy David!

My condolances on the loss of your father.
                  I lost my father this year too.
                  Dave ©¿©¬
                  Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
                  www.howdydave.com

Comment

Dear David Hosobuchi..
                    I wished to tell you that I did the practice for your father...every evening...for 49 days His name was spoken aloud..as Blessing were offered...holding you too...in my mind during these practices of prayers...and Blessings that were offered...so your love was sending them forward...to the father you hold so dear...
                    May All Beings...KNOW Love....
                    From the Heart of Hummer...

Comment

I can't express all the feelings of grief and sorrow that I have been going through over the past several months, and I am very grateful for the warmth and support that you, the members of BrainTalk Communities have shown for me, and the respect you have given my late father Dr. Yoshio Hosobuchi MD.

My heart felt thanks to you all.
                      "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

On September 29th, 2013, Dr. Yoshio Hosobuchi ashes were scattered in San Francisco Bay near the Golden Gate; scattered with him were the ashes of his wife Dresden Hosobuchi, who passed away from an accident in her home on April 8th, 2013.

"The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

david,

i am so truly sorry to hear of the death of your mother and so very close after the death of your father. i have a feeling that your mom and dad were very close, in mind and in spirit. in whatever way your mother died, it feels like she found it hard to live without your dad. her grief at the time of his death was unimaginable. what an example of their spiritual togetherness to have their ashes scattered into the ocean.

my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother, Dresden Hosobuchi. may her legacy of devotion to husband and family live on.

your presence in the forums has been missed, but now i understand why.

may you honor your parents by continuing your journey of compassion...helping people in these forums and in the world.

jeannie
                          Last edited by tic chick; 01-20-2014, 10:21 AM.
                          WE ARE BT!
                          "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                          "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                          "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

((((((David)))))) ~

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your mother, and it must be especially difficult, so soon after your father's passing. They are eternally united, and their work, their joy, their passions left an indelible mark on our world.

May God rest their souls and grant you peace and comfort. Bless you, David. Please take good care of yourself.

Love & Light,

Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

David, I know you must be suffering unspeakable grief. I am so sorry. I have lost both my parents and it isn't something you just "get over". Our comfort comes from knowing we will be reunited one day.

Take care of yourself, David. Julia
                              Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                              'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X