Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still with you all.

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Still with you all.

Hello everyone,

I regret I have been absent for so long. It seems things just have not been going my way for a while. It started with my own neurological disorder, Epilepsy giving me problems. I had a nasty seizure in the parking lot at a grocery store. The fall landed me on my head, causing a sub-dura hematoma. Fortunately it did not require surgery, but took me a while to get "in the swing of things."

Because my wife is a teacher and has the summer off, I normally spend at least a month with her camping, out of internet range.

Some of you may know that my father was a retired neurosurgeon. He was very much an inspiration for me in being involved with BrainTalk Communities, and other support group facilitation that I have done in the past. I also learned a lot from him about neurology, and epilepsy as a child growing up with seizures. I don't know what it would have been like not having him there to have all the answers when I needed them.

Dr. Y. Hosobuchi passed away September 19, due to a sudden tragic accident involving rappelling in a slot canyon in Zion National Park, when his gear jammed, causing him to become inverted. He was an active person, he hiked up Mt. Kilimanjaro the year before. In fact the two of us were both expert downhill skiers as well. Together, besides Utah,WY,CO, & CA we skied the glaciers of Mt. Blanc (Mer de Glace, & Valle Blanche.) and at Zermatt (next to the Matterhorn) just before I had my sub-dural video EEG.
    He would have been 75 at the end of October.

I know he would not have wanted to have gone lying in a bed with some sort of dementia, from one of the disorders found in the forums here. He was all to familiar with family members that went that way.

I'll do my best to make sure you see more of me around here in the near future.

Happy holiday season
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

David , I am sorry for your loss , that said , you have given a wonderful testament of love, respect and honor to your father.i do hope you are well now and will continue with us as you can. Thank you so much for all the caring you have shown Brain Talk communities. , GING

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I am so sorry for your loss David. God Bless you and God speed your Dear Father's journey to heaven.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

david,

my condolence's to your family and to you for the loss of your inspiration and fountain of knowledge, your father, Dr. Y. Hosobuchi.

although we cannot choose how we will die, we can choose how we will live, no matter what our problems. it seems your father enjoyed his retirement to its fullest and is instilling a family legacy of living joyfully in the moment.

i know you will miss him, for you speak so fondly and proudly of him and i know you will continue honoring the name he gave you.

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((David))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved father.

From what I've read about your dad, he was quite a remarkable man. To have the knowledge and skills to perform brain surgery, and the physical agility and stamina to climb mountains, he must have been an amazing person.

The world is a far better place, because of your dad, and I'm sure that he will be remembered and missed by all who knew him, including those patients whose lives he improved and saved.

My prayers are with you that your memories of your wonderful dad will bring you peace and comfort.

Sending healing prayers for you, David, that you may be seizure-free and suffer no untoward effects from your fall.

Thank you so much, David, for all that you have given to the BrainTalk community. We are extremely grateful to have this safe and loving place to call home.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

David, Rose said it so well about you and your father. I am sorry you don't have him in your life any more other than the memories and blessings but as you said about him I would prefer to die doing what I loved rather than in bed with dementia. I hope your recovery from your fall during the seizure is complete and you are feeling much better again. It is nice to open up the site and see your message and to hear you are back again.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Blog Entries

Wow, I'm glad your fall didn't cause any worse damage. That could have been really bad. I am very sorry about your father. He sounds like an amazing person.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Dear David Hosobuchi...
    I am sorry for your health troubles...and my heart aches with you...for the loss of a beloved father...even though time has passed....I will offer the Buddhist practice for the dead for your father...for the next 49 days...it is a small act of love...for the many years of.....your loving generosity....to all of us here....May there be comfort for you...in the memories of the love you shared...
    Blessings to you...and those you love........

Condolences for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your fall, but relieved that you seem to be recovering well.

Community Member

David, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear father -- such a remarkable man! And to be so active at his age -- what a blessing! He was an inspiration to us all!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God bless you -- and please take care! I hope your holidays are as good as can be expected under the circumstances! Hugs, Lee
    Recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;
    severe DDD; sciatica; osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, 2 spinal surgeries, SCS implant & removal, morphine pump trial-didn't work, umpteen injections/epidurals/trigger points,rhizotomy, Racz procedure, etc., therapy, 4 more herniations, now inoperable; lumpectomy, radiation therapy~breast cancer survivor,fibromyalgia;depression; heart attack. On disability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast