No announcement yet.

No option to edit posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbara clicking "reply to thread" doesn't open a new window, simply use the box at the bottom of the page to reply. Or you can click the "go advanced" button to open a new window for replies (like the old forums)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Mike, you can't put a title on here and the AND THE LACK OF ABILITY TO EDIT PUT ME TO BED IN TEARS LAST NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH ROOM I HAVE IN QUICK, I NEVER DID THEM. IT LOOKs LIKE LITTLE.

OK, A GOOD WRITER, WHICH I WAS WHEN I WAS A PERSON ALWAYS EDITS. I USED TO PRINT, MARK IN RED, AS I DID WHEN I TAUGHT, GO BACK FOR ANOTHER SPIN, AS MANY AS IT TOOK TO GET WHAT I WANTED.

I HAVE DONE LITTLE GOOD WRITING LATELY. MIKE, YOU LIKE FLOWERS, LOOK FOR ARCHIVES OF FINE GARDENING, "GARDENS OF THE MIND" BY ME, TONS OF TIME FOR ONE PAGE, GOT PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE FACE ENOUGH ABOUT MY MS BY THE TEMPORARILY-ABLED I DON'T WANT IT ON HERE.

WHO DID ALL MY CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS ON WEB SITES????????? ME??????? NO A NICE GUY.

MIKE HAS ALREADY HEARD ABOUT HIS NO-WHITE-SPACE EMAIL, THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE FOR ME. WHAT WOULD I DO IF I COULD DO ANYTHING? READ, WRITE, AND USE THE COMPUTER.

MY R HAND, MY THUMB NOWHERE NEAR KEYBOARD, WAS MANGLED BY THE ABUSER JULY 07.

DO YOU ALL KNOW, THOSE WHO MAKE THE RULES, KNOW WHAT FINE MOTOR CONTROL IS?????????????? IT TAKES ABOUT 3 TIMES TO GET RIGHT TV STATION, DOING A PASSWORD ON HERE AT LEAST THREE. I HAVE LOST IT AND SO HAVE LOTS OF OTHERS ON THESE FORUMS.

FOR THE DISABLED OR THE ABLED?

I WILL JUST STATE THAT IT IS A BAD RULE AND SHOULD BE CHANGED, IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? WE COULD ALWAYS EDIT BEFORE. HAD TO GIVE A REASON, MINE WAS USUALLY "TO ADD" SOMETHING I SAW IN RE-READING THAT I STILL WANTED TO SAY.

IN THIS CRIPPLED BODY IS A WRITER CRYING TO GET OUT.[/B] (REMINDER I CAN'T USE SHIFT KEY)

I HAVE not been on here in ages, came one because of my own fears about the hurricane. (see it says one not on!!!!) i can edit that out later, with the whole thing.

maybe only ms people remember richard long from ms, i have not a clue if he is dead or alive, i have been on so little. HE TYPED WITH ONLY HIS LITTLE FINGER.

i would like to find a good EB White quote to toss your way.......but i have not read a book since 1999. Gardens of the Mind is about his wife Katharine, a fine writer herself, about gardening.

i have lost everything i cared about, but writing i still do. i had too many death, and i "hit stride" in writing about those people. i hit stride rarely.

death should be deaths.

am i proving my point, i need it all to go over slowly.

if something is bad, you face it and change it. if it is bad for the majority of users of these forums, you definitely do.

now i am in white-out. and should have had my legs up 2 hrs ago.

mike and everyone else? you know what i used to do when i did not like something? bang out a letter to the editor (same 2-3 stage process) EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS PRINTED.

i can't do that anymore.

would i like to go to the wall on this? yes. am i physically capable of it? no.

i will leave out that brain talk is in my will............

this has not been quick, my r hand numb, my thumb in air, BUT I DID GET OFF LAST NIGHT IN TEARS. AS A WRITER.

get that, first day on in eons and get off in tears because of a rule??????????????

BJF, PhD
      member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
      William Butler Yeats

Comment

Barbara, you will be able to edit your posts & threads once you have made more than 10 posts. When you reach that mark, additional posting options, as well as profile options will become available to you.
        Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 08-29-2011, 06:31 PM.
        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Mike, did i win a round by your announcement?

David your quote used to be who i was, but can't be with my losses.

and then there was heath on MS, a wonderful writer in terrible physical shape. if you did not get them right away, she would edit away, deleting and then delete the whole thing.

EB White means his letters, not his grammar book.

i still say that went i went just makes no sense.

ARE THOSE MAKING THE DECISIONS DISABLED IN THEIR ABILITY TO USE COMPUTER? ARE YOUR FINGERS NUMB? DO YOU HAVE LOSS OF FINE MOTOR CONTROL? DO YOUR EYES START ROLLING.

ETC.

DAVID, I CAN'T BE DETERMINED WHEN I HAVE LOSS THE SKILLS TO BE SO, MY ONLY TOOL LEFT IS MY VOICE....AND I AM LOSING THAT TOO. PEOPLE CALL ME ROBERT OR SIR ON THE PHONE AFTER I SAY BARBARA.

YES, THAT HURTS, IT ALL HURTS. I DOUBT ANYONE EVER CALLED LAUREN BACALL SIR.

DAVID THAT MAKES NO SENSE, YOU COULD DO 10 1 SENTENCE POSTS! THAT IS CALLED SPAM..........

SINCE MIKE DID SOMETHING I COULD NOT DO FOR ME A FEW YEARS AGO JUST BECAUSE OF THIS AND JUST BECAUSE HE IS A GOOD PERSON AND ALSO LIKES FLOWERS. HE USED TO HAVE FLOWERS ON HIS SIGN IN WHEN HE WAS STILL ZOMBIE SLAYER ON FF.

B

William Butler Yeats

Comment

See, i consider this dirty pool myself and hate to stoop so low.

But you called it. I am at 8, here is one more.

That means the rules are wrong, not me playing dirty pool.

But i don't like myself for doing it at all, not one bit.

We are cripples but we are humans and we hurt in our losses.

I may just leave at 9 so you can play your game.

B

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Barbara, I must beg to differ with you, you give the impression to me, that you seem to be quite the determined sort!
              Last edited by David Hosobuchi; 08-30-2011, 07:56 PM.

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by BJF
                DAVID THAT MAKES NO SENSE, YOU COULD DO 10 1 SENTENCE POSTS! THAT IS CALLED SPAM..........
                Spam posts are judged by their content, not their length.

Comment

dear barbara,

i've never met you here, for ms is not the book i am reading in life.

we do not learn who people are by what they edit out of their posts, but by the words they leave behind.

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

sometimes it is strange that rules made to help a community hurt one of it's member's.

barbara, answer my post in at least 10 letters and you have the key to open up the forums. you just have to get past this obstacle.

i know you are intelligent not because you are a PhD, but because you are a H.U.M.A.N.

it was nice to meet you barbara.

jeannie
                  WE ARE BT!
                  "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                  "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                  "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Barbara I'm sorry you're having troubles with the new site and rules. I am working on making a style that is easier to use for people with impaired vision and motor skills.
                    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Working...
                    X