No option to edit posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No option to edit posts

This,to me,is a glaring oversight. Not all of us can make, a post just as we would like it to be first time round. Sometimes we need to alter the wording or realise we need to add/delete a bit. As things stand we can not do that.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

Registered users can't edit posts, however you should have been automatically moved into the Community Members group on your 11th post. You should be able to edit your own posts now.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Apparently there's a time limit on the editing function though. I've found I can no longer edit some older posts.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
        Apparently there's a time limit on the editing function though. I've found I can no longer edit some older posts.
        Yes 24 hours and then editing of the post is locked. 2 hours to edit the thread title, and 24 hours before you can not add a poll (default options).

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I think you should make it so we can edit posts passed 24 hours if possible. I go on other forums that allow editing at any time and it really works well. The people who use those forums are really happy to be able to edit posts whenever they want, even months later.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

I like that idea too, funnylegs. It works well when people are decent and don't post slams at people and then come back and edit them when trouble is brewing and they'd like to cover up their tracks. This happens.

I posted a thread recently and later wanted to change the title but couldn't. It's too bad because the title as it is might be a bit misleading.

Would it be possible to leave thread titles and posts open to editing for a few days at least?
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

When the time expires for editing posts, feel free to contact any moderator or administrator.
              At times, it becomes necessary to ignore a member's posts. It's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Here are the steps to place a member on an ignore list.

Step 1 - log in

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Moderator #2

Comment

We will take the suggestion to increase the edit times under consideration.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

The suggestion of lengthening the edit times for both Titles and Posts is a reasonable one. We shall reconsider new time periods for the two, and post the new policy when it is finalized.
                  "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

ability to edit goes away when computer is turned off???

On the subject of editing posts: I noticed on the old forum that if I posted then turned off my computer(like if I had to restart it or something),turned it on again then tried to edit my post I could no longer edit it i.e the "edit" button would no longer show up. I was signed in when it would happen mind you. Why is that? Is that supposed to happen? Does it happen on this new board too?
                    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

The ability to edit titles & threads/posts are time based. It should not have anything to do with turning off/restarting your computer.
                      "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

How do i edit title? I can only edit content of post.
                        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

Comment

The time to edit thread titles is shorter than the time to edit posts. Once we arrive at a decision we'll post the edit times.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Why can't i do a normal reply to thread???????? it won't let me click it.

this is my first time on, but went i went down, to see what is shaking here, i saw the no editing and did not like it. Give us those with ms eyes and fingers a chance!

no good writer cannot write without editing.

b
                            member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
                            William Butler Yeats

Comment

see it says "went i went down" and it should be WHEN i went down.

and i can't fix it without doing this.

those were not the rules since i have been on here since 2002.....and my eyes and fingers are worse. and something is now underlined in orange.

bjf

off i go again
                              member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
                              William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                              X