Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello dear friends

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Hello dear friends

I haven't been able to be here much lately, but I don't see a lot of new post. Did every body take a vacation and not tell me? lol I really do miss every body.

My COPD has gotten worse and in between Drs., drug stores, having ex-rays, then the traveling to Drs. start over again. I'm weary of Drs. ,taking meds. and trying to keep up with what to take when. I haven't being doing much else.

I didn't mind turning 70, but I didn't expect to fall totally apart either. It's very depressing. the kids and grands don't like to visit when I am not doing so well. I've tried to think of the reason for this.

I have always been very active and that has slowed down to a crawl. I had grands here all the time, we were on the go much of that time. Now, nobody comes and seldom call.

What I'm thinking is they thought mom/granny would live forever never giving it a thought that I age every year they do.

I have not given up nor do I plan to. Slowely the grands are comming back around. Some of the older grands are in high school or college and they also work. I certainly understand that and am proud they are working so hard to build their own life.

Now, I have missed comming to Brain Talk, trying to encourage and help others. I know how much it meant to me all these years, the help I always got when I was so down.

We all come here because we have health problems and taking care of those we love. I'm sorry I have not been here more to help others. I can not count the many ways that my dear friends from BT have encouraged me. It helped me keep my sanity many times.

I'm thankful for Mike and all the work he does to keep this place going. Others that I don't know about, but I'm thankful for them also.

I have used up my time for this post, but I will push more everyday to get back the strength I've lost so I can come back often.

Thank you Brain Talk for being here for me every time I've needed you. My love and prayers to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

thanks for posting Jo! sorry to hear your family isn't visiting as often. my guess would be they are busy with their own lives?? you might reconsider getting a small dog for company. (((hugs))) Pati

hello jo and pati. It is nice to come here and see others messages. and i am so glad that those of us who have stayed with us, well i hope we all get to continue it for some time to come. it seems if i miss a day or two, i have to get back on the computer as soon as i can to see how everyone else is doing and what they are up too. tee hee i am so glad some are young enough to be doing things. i myself do not do much but that doesn't mean i am happy about it. so i like hearing what everyone else is up too.

it has been bad, i haven't been feeding hubby or the birds, watering my flowers or cleaning the house. one thing i can do tho is find those little debby coca cremes and a glass of milk. LOL. take care everyone. I imagine lor is getting the liights and thingas ready for halloween? anybody do any decorating?

Jo, it's good to hear from you. Maybe the kids and grandkids don't want to be in your way when you don't feel good. Maybe they think that you would rather not have them around during those times.

Take care,
    Dawn

well always nice to read something from those I've gotten to "know" over the years!

Joy,I don't do anything these days. zero energy! cold weather is my enemy also. sun is out today so might do some pruning & leave another mess for housemate to clear up. speaking of HM-he's in other part of state for a convention so I don't even need to cook!

Dawn,what's the latest on the sunporch? all finished by now I hope!

Jo,why wait for visitor's? get in that new van & check out the fall colors or anything that will bring a smile. I've given up on anyone ever coming to see me. guess I'm not good company anymore? only "friend" that lives around here finally managed to call me last week & I'm proud to say I declined going to a movie with her & in fact told her it wasn't a good time to talk & hung up. her saying she loves me after months of totally ignoring me has hurt me too much.

well guess I don't have much cheer to spread today eh?

I also imagine Lor's DH getting all his gizmo's ready for Halloween. we don't get trick or treater's here so I don't even have a pumpkin outside.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

As for me, I survived a three week stay in an Abilene hospital. I had a hernia in need of repair. They had to do treatments in there until I healed from the surgery. You should have seen the look on my doctor;s face when I told him that I thought that they were trying to kill me. Then I told him that us 'female cowboys' are tough. I explained that cowgirls wear skirts and white boots, but us female cowboys arn't afraid to get ma-nure on our boots. He asked if I wore white boots and I explain our boots are the same color as the ma-nure!!!!! It took me about a week to recover from being in the hospital.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

hi to everybody! Jan, I'm happy you are home, but do understand having to take time to get over a hospital stay. You always make me laugh! lol "White Boots indeed"!

Pati, I'm sorry about your friends "brush off", but one day she may need a friend and I hope she will remember how bad she treated you!

About a small puppy, I was thinking about this the other day, but the COPD has gotten so bad I don't think I can manage it. For the first time in my life I truely would love to have a small dog.

My youngest sister's granddaughter gave her a toy poodle and she was a bit upset, but it didn't take her long to fall in love with that little she-devil!! Every time I go to her house Bella will take a flying leap and be right in my face trying to kiss me. lol I have gotten very attached to her.

I get great joy from you girls posting about your pets. Beth brought her dog up back in May to meet her memaw & pappy. He was very loving and wanted to get in my lap. He is a big dog, but very gentel. I don't know why, but he took a shine to me. Beth took a picture of us , Spinky and me. He was up in my lap. Sister Jewel asked Beth what had happened to her mama? lol I don't go to facebook, but she posted that picture in her photo's .So Pati I woul;d have one now if things were better with my breathing. Joy, it sounds like you and I are about in the same boat. About the only thing I can do is use my walker and get in the kitchen and reach the " little debbie cakes", the ones that has raspberry in the middle! lol Maybe the Debbie cake's are a sign of getting old and decrepet, reckon? lol I too want to post more and know how everybody else are doing.

Dawn, your suggestion sounds lovely. My 2 sister don't seem to want to go to the mountains like we used to do every fall since Caroline died.

Well, nice surprise, Two of my granddaughters came by the other day. Jennifer told me she was going to pick me up on Nov. 5th and we were going to a beautiful place, nothing but trees and a big barn with a porch and rocking chair's. she showed me some pictures and it was truely a beautiful place. I am looking forward to making this little one day trip.

I think I've gotten over my pity party, at least for now. You girls have a way of cheering one up and I am thankful I have found you all in my life. Of course I mean Clouds z too. I remember him from way back when I first came to BT.

I love you all and look forward to reading more of your post.

for you all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

my dear julia and hey to everyone!

julia, i was reading about you not doing well and my heart just dropped. i know they have meds to stop copd from progressing, but nothing much helps with what you already have. so, just keep taking those meds and try and build up your strength and breathing capacity. i think a little calm lap dog would be sweet. they are real lap potatoes...lol. or a cat? i know some people prefer dogs to cats, though.

i have been whirling around here for the past month. i had to paint the kitchen in a week, before the cabinets were installed. then i had to paint the bathroom before i had a new medicine chest, another cabinet, a vanity with faucet, a towel bar and a lighting fixture put in. my contractor came and did that today. monday, i am having the new floor put in the kitchen and the stairway going downstairs. so this weekend i have to wash that and maybe put a coat of paint on it also.

i have cut down all the perennials in the yard except for the ones i don't have to. i go to the fruit market on saturday's and they are selling perennial bushes and plants, they usually just have 4 or 5, whatever is leftover from their nursery. the bushes are all $3 and they are good sized and the perennials are $1. i always pick up one plant, because it's almost a shame not to at that price! so, of course i am still planting. one night i went to home depot to pick up some edging paint pads. i went into the garden center and i picked out 18 red concrete pavers...they look kind of like this: \_*_*_/ they have one flat inner edge and the outer edge is rough concrete. they are about 8 inches wide at the outside. so the next day i made a circle out of them, it turned out to be a good size, cause i kind of laid out the pavers on the cement at home depot . i planted a petite butterfly bush and 2 catmint plants. my girlfriend that gave me her grandma's plants last year, gave me some more on tuesday. she gave me about 8 more ferns and a phlox plant. so yesterday i planted those, plus a spirea bush that went along the fence close to the japanese sand cherry. i think i am pretty much done with the yard this year. if there are a few warm days in november, i might edge the back part of the yard with the black plastic edging to separate the bushes from the grass i will sow next spring.

okay, enough. it makes me tired just to post it.

julia, my thoughts and prayers are for you. you'll hear from me soon!

thank you all for caring and sharing,
    jeannie
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 10-27-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Blog Entries

for Jo
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

here's hoping everyone is OK - would post more but am not feeling great.
    Blessings
    Alex44

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast