Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product for active WC users (Not an add)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product for active WC users (Not an add)

HI

I am a adult who's used a chair for 21 of my 33 years on the planet

Being that I grew up with CP always having evals for every issue I have..I know there are soo many products that won't do anything for me-they are useless!!

Yup, I am jaded when it comes to "stuff for the disabled." Be it products, services, or charities.

This makes the fact that I actually came across a product and got excited is surprising to me, but nonetheless, I am excited..

Check this out: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Since I have used a chair, and I do prefer a rigid frame, I have missed:
    >Being able to get around on the beach (I know there are beach wc's, for me, more trouble than they're worth)
    >Being able to hike/camp or be outside beyond who ever I am with helps me to a chair and I just stay put-what it's like when I goto the beach or try and do something woodsy now
    >Being able to walk around in the snow!!

The 3 reasons above made me excited to find this new gadget.

Also it makes it easier for someone else to push a chair to access outdoor's stuff which is another great option!!

Out of price range right now-that's ok, I am glad it's out there and i could be able to use my chair at the beach at some point
    (I love the beach)

Wow, this is SO cool!!! Love it, thanks for sharing!
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Comment

((((((jul97))))))

What a fantastic invention! I love the ease with which it can be attached, detached and stowed too. Will it work for all wheelchairs, I wonder? Most of the chairs shown looked similar, like sports chairs.

Maybe you could have a personal fundraiser to help you gather the $499 for this wheel. Go Fund Me: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Or, ask friends and family to give you cash instead of presents for your birthday and Christmas, as contributions to your savings for the free wheel.

Perhaps your local rotary or kiwanis club might be willing to assist you financially.

Just trying to think of ways to get you on the beach!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose;

This particular product only work's for rigid frame chairs. It says it isn't designed for chairs with swing away leg rests or motorized chairs. However, there might be similar products out there that are designed for to work in tandem with a wider variety of chairs.

I am not ready to fundraise yet. It's going into winter so not going to the beach either way. I could both save and ask my folks for contributions.

I am also trying to self publish a book right now, that also takes priority when it comes to money! Every adult has stuff they want to buy just not tomorrow..I just added a thing to my list

I haven''t even shown my brother yet who used to build bikes so maybe he can build one-I know I'll get one. Just excited to find it.
        Last edited by jul97; 10-15-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Wow, that awesome! I am a crutch user at this point and am seeing improvements in my symptoms of CP but good thing this is out there in case I ever want to go the wheelchair root and I know some wheelchair users who would flip over this thing. I am so happy when I see therapy/technology improvements for people with disabilities.

Can you still walk short distances Jul? Hope you don't mind me asking. Just curious. I really hope you get your free wheel! You deserve it!
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

No I don't mind you asking at all-yea I can walk short distances. I walk around my house. But more and more walking too much sets off my spasams so I have been really careful not to overdo it. So I need my chair! And being able to take my chair more places will defiantly be easier on my legs.

I was watching the site's video's last night and it also clams to make wheeling on sidewalks that have lots of cracks and are uneven easier. I always just thought "minor annoyance" nothing can be done when having a hard time pushing on old sidewalks that go every which way due to back east tree's are big so their roots grow out under sidewalks and make em anything but flat! I don't know if you get what I am talking about.

Also if I had a kid-I'd so get em this if they were in a sports chair..Another thing I went through schools playground first it was blacktop which flipped from the worst part for me thru 5th to the easiet in 6th, when I got my chair, then there were rocks, man hated em-worst, then sand still hard to wheel through and then I'd finally get to the grass field where kids my age would stand around. By the time I got there-I'd only be able to be there for five minutes before (laughing) I needed to start the long journey back to building to be in homeroom by the bell. Good thing I only had to do that for two years. HS, no playground-easier.

And 7th grade our science class would go into the woods a lot-again hard in a WC.. So I'd love to see kids who are having to start using a chair have this to feel more able to keep up and just more typical.

As an adult it's all; about the beach baby, plus it would make getting groceries home on my chair easier but beach sounds more of a fun reason to get one.

Comment

((((((jul97))))))

Good luck with your book! A dear friend of mine is self publishing a book, and she said it has been a bit costly and a lot of work just to get it done. Wishing you great success.

The free wheel seems to be a terrific invention, and it would be great if it was adaptable to all kinds of chairs. That may exist or it may be developed. This is certainly a beginning.

Hope you get a free wheel, when you're ready. Perhaps the sales of your book will bring in the needed cash for the wheel!

Love & Light,

Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                ((((((jul97))))))
                Perhaps the sales of your book will bring in the needed cash for the wheel!
                Yes-that's the plan!

Comment

Working...
                X