Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on yahoo and thought it was worth sharing

Gurdon, Yamanaka win Nobel medicine prize

STOCKHOLM (AP) — British researcher John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka of Japan won this year's Nobel Prize in medicine on Monday for discovering that mature, specialized cells of the body can be reprogrammed into stem cells — a discovery that scientists hope to turn into new treatments.
    Scientists want to harness that reprogramming to create replacement tissues for treating diseases like Parkinson's and for studying the roots of diseases in the laboratory.
    The full article is here - Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Things like this make more people pay attention.
    Very good.

Comment

Promising research!

Yes, this is very promising research and I hope we all will be around to benefit from it. It is being trialed in Miami for heart patients as well as trialed for all sorts of problems such as injecting into worn-out knees. I could use some of that right now but it is just being done in clinical trials.

Gabriella
      Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
      Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Comment

If only they could go a little faster with some of these things. It just takes so long and I understand that it is a process that has to take place, but I am afraid I will never live to see any benefit from stem cell research of any kind. I had such high hopes for this some years ago and still do for people coming along behind me.
        Virginia

Comment

Working...
        X