Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peripheral Neuropathy , medication caused

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Lor if you go to YouTube and search for peripheral neuropathy exercises you should find something you can try

Community Member

Hmmph. Wonder if this could be whats causing pain in my hand by tumors that never caused pain before... I'm sure I've been on a lot of the meds that could cause damage/degradation on nerves.

Thanks Linnie.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Linnie, I said I DO have neuropathy. I wonder when they figured out Dilantin can have something to do with it. I have been taking dilantin for over 40 years. I'm upset now, I have told my neuro. about my neuropathy pain & that I had a CT scan that showed I indeed have it, yet he never said anything about dilantin. You may think 'if she has been taking it for 40 years then the neuropathy would have showed up along time ago. But ever since my heart stopped lots of 'my body stuff' has changed (Two months after my heart stopped my legs started hurting at night...it was like I got a charley horse every night for awhile. Thanyou for the info about exersices.

Travis, I have it in my lower legs.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Lor, I don't know when they first figured out that Dilantin (Phenytoin) has a relationship with neuropathy, I only know that Dilantin is a MAJOR contributor. You can google Dilantin Neuropathy. ANY neurologist who has Ever dealt with people with epilepsy should Know this. ANY one.

Linnie

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

You know what linnie? The Dr. who had me get a CT scan that showed I have neuropathy didn't even tell me what Dr. to go to to get help. I looked online & it said to see a neurologist. Since I'm already seeing a neuro for epilepsy, all I did was ask if he'd help with my neuropathy. (He's the Dr. that put me on Dilantin for seizures).
    Lorraine (lor)

i have found this site about diagnosis for peripheral neuropathy
    i found it rellevant for this post, so i add it.

good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12