Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Hello from a former BTer

Default OT: Hello from a former BTer

Just checking this board after years of absence so wanted to say hello and wish you all well. I was surprised my user name and password worked. I still recognize many of the names here. While in the past I read everything that was published on MS, I stopped doing that a number of years ago, although I continue to read research highlights.

For about six years (from 2000 - 2006) I injected Copaxone religiously, but ultimately decided to stop. I suspected Copaxone had benefitted me, but I also suspected that the benefit I derived from it was more or less permanent ... my body perhaps developed tolerance for myelin. I continue to take a few supplements and continue to eat a very low saturated fat diet and continue to work out in the gym every day. I've had no symptoms in over a decade; my original symptoms were in 1996 and my diagnosis in 2000. I will never be certain whether my regimen is working or Iím just lucky and of course I canít be certain symptoms will not return at some point.

The past few years have been the happiest of my life. My business has done well and in the past few years I've spent a lot of time in Europe, Asia and Australia/NZ (and I love to travel). I met the woman of my dreams, a tall, brilliant, beautiful neurologist -- originally from Europe but who had become an American citizen a couple of years before we met -- and we were married last year, first in her home country in a lovely Russian Orthodox Church and then again in the US to make it legal. (That she was a neurologist was coincidence but has led to a number of interesting discussions :).) I convinced her to stop working but she's pushing me to become involved with her at least part-time in providing free medical services in the Third World. So I hope we can pull that off ... one of my partners in Asia is opening a free clinic in Burma (as charity, it's not his business); we were there in February and loved the people.

Anyway, just wanted to send my best wishes to all here and say hi to all those I "knew" here.

Mark

Distinguished Community Member

Gee Mark, talk about a name from the past! We still think of you and talk about you often on BT. We miss you and of course we miss all your generous research that you did for so many of us.

It is wonderful to hear the path your life is taking you. So glad you are in such a good place in your life as far as MS is concerned.

I was also delighted to hear you found this wonderful woman. Sounds as though your lives realy mesh. You can tell her for me she is a blessed lady, but then I know that you are a blessed man also.

The travel sounds wonderful, and it would be a great thing if the two of you could do some free medical services in the Third World. Such an opportunity to help
    people who get so little help.

Please let us hear from you a little more often.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hello Mark, Yes I'm still here..

I've missed your wit, charm and support, while you've been absent, but am so happy for the fantastic turn your life has taken....Congrats on many levels...MS leveling out, your new love/Wife and your possible travels.

Be freeeee, but a little world report from you now and then, wouldn't hurt.

Much love and many hugs for you and new DW!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How nice to hear from you! It's good to know that things have been going well for you. I hope that the plans for helping out in Burma will work out!

Thanks for thinking of us and checking in. You've been missed.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Default One super-fine forum member from the past

how much you could learn from him and how well he explained it all, a gift not given to many.
    member since 2002, dx'd 4/04, progressive 2 weeks later

"I will arise and go now and go to Innisfree...."
    William Butler Yeats

Hi Mark it is good to see you around again. Glad that life is going so well. You sound very happy. I too remember all the research that you did on our behalf. I no longer spend hours reading stuff about MS. Doesn't help and seems like I feel worse. I do spend quite a bit of time on the computer just surfing and have become a news junkie. My biggest connection to MS dis here board. I just enjoy visiting with friends that I have made here.

Hello Mark. I'm glad you remembered your username and password. Some have forgotten and had to start over.
    Congratulations on your marriage and the stabilizing of your health.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi Mark I'm glad you are back. Congratulations on you feeling good and finding a pardner. Come back often. Jeanie :)

Community Member

Default congratulations

So Happy for you much luck in your future endeavors.
    Jan
    "never let it be too late"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Mark ,
    It's great to see you back and so happy! Congratulations on these wonderful changes to your life. Hoping things continue to go well and that you once again opt to be an occasional resource person for this place.
    Cherie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast