Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended scheduled down time

Howdy folks :)

For quite awhile now our current host has been too small for BrainTalk, and while we could upgrade to a higher package, I have found a better set up at a different host. Dan has already ordered the hosting package and will schedule the moving of our domain name servers (DNS) which tell the internet were BT lives.

Once the move is scheduled the forums will be turned off to prevent any loss of posts that would have been made during the move. The downtime could be anywhere between 12 and 72 hours (most likely between 12 and 24). I will keep everyone updated on our Facebook page.

There will not be any loss of data, nor will we be starting over again. Everything should be as it is now, just faster and more stable :)

BT's FB page Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

As always thanks Mike for keeping us up and running. And running better than ever!

Have you ever noticed that when BT is down for scheduled maintenance (as this is) it seems a loooong time inbetween .

Comment

Gary, Is the MS site still down, or am I lost?
      Jan
      Jan
      "never let it be too late"

Comment

Originally posted by boston/maine View Post
        Gary, Is the MS site still down, or am I lost?
        Jan
        Jan, you may find the MS forum up and running here: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Working...
        X