Thread: Curled fingers are a sign of midbrain injury?

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Question Curled fingers are a sign of midbrain injury?

I was talking to another person who was watching my movements today and he said my curled/clawed fingers were a sign of a midbrain injury. I know people with athetoid CP have their midbrain damaged but I have never heard of spastics being injured that way. Can spastic CP be caused by midbrain injury? A lot of spastics I know curl their fingers from the muscles being tight in their hands.

This person also told me about this place: http://www.iahp.org/ Has anybody worked with them?? Are they any good?? I already do a "reprogramming the brain" type of physical therapy based on dance and breathing exercises and it is working great for me. I am seeing lots of improvement already but I thought Institutes could maybe help me expand the work I am already doing.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-18-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

I don't know about the midbrain stuff, but I do know Paul from Australia has done the iahp program with Grant. I read the book that Glenn Doman wrote, What to do with your brain-injured child. It was a great read! We have done some things with Caitlin and saw some gains, but then she regressed due to all her shunt malfunctions and seizure issues. Hoping to get the seizure stuff under control so she can get back to forward progress! I think the institute has other books out too.

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Hey there you go.

Send me a private PM or send me an email at paulcopelandzzz (at)hotmail.com and I will tell you ALL I know about the Institutes and their incredible work, and we do know a lot about them.

seeya at the PM or my email inbox soon eh

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was talking to another person who was watching my movements today and he said my curled/clawed fingers were a sign of a midbrain injury. I know people with athetoid CP have their midbrain damaged but I have never heard of spastics being injured that way. Can spastic CP be caused by midbrain injury? A lot of spastics I know curl their fingers from the muscles being tight in their hands.

This person also told me about this place: http://www.iahp.org/ Has anybody worked with them?? Are they any good?? I already do a "reprogramming the brain" type of physical therapy based on dance and breathing exercises and it is working great for me. I am seeing lots of improvement already but I thought Institutes could maybe help me expand the work I am already doing.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul from Australia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey there you go.

Send me a private PM or send me an email at paulcopelandzzz (at)hotmail.com and I will tell you ALL I know about the Institutes and their incredible work, and we do know a lot about them.

seeya at the PM or my email inbox soon eh

Paul
    Hi Paul, I just sent you a pm. Let me know if you got it. If you didn't I'll send an email instead. Thanks so much!!!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.