Thread: Claritin

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Claritin

I knew better. You all have been telling me for years not to do it. I checked with the pharmacist, who told me that there was a very tiny chance but a real chance. Did I listen?

They are tearing up a major connection to two heavily used freeways half a block from where I live. Streets have three levels, concrete, a felt pad, and then the asphalt on top. They took off the asphalt and sort of scraped off the felt pad. Leaving amazing red brown fibery dust behind all weekend so every car that drove over it sent up clouds of it.

My sinuses did not like this.

Told the pharmacist that a seizure would be better than the runny nose and sneezing.

Be careful what you wish for.

Stuff did nothing for my sinuses, still runny nose, weepy eyes, sneezing.

Three days of taking the stuff. Was at the Senior Center. Had a rather large and long complex partial, first long one like this in about 10 years. Being me all I do is sit quietly and blink for 20 minutes, which scared my friends enough so they ran down to get help. HELP, Annie is quiet!!!!

Slept for 4 hours, ate, slept for 12 hours, ate, slept for 4 hours, ate, about to go back to sleep.

My sinuses, however, are perfectly fine.

I am really grateful that I do not drive.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Annie,
    I'm sorry that your sinus problem triggered a sz. the same thing happens to me when I get a cold or a virus of any kind. I've found taking aleve for sinus and cold the best thing and it doesn't trigger any sz.
    I don't mean to be rude towards your friends but people need to realize that it's no big deal when a person has a sz. and they need to realize what to do and how to help a person when they are having a sz.
    This is one reason why I got ahold of NBC News and Dateline. I feel the world needs to do more research on epilepsy, learn how to help treat someone with sz., and the FDA needs to put warning labels on foods
    and beverages that contain MSG or apartame because they can trigger sz. for many people. What bothers me is some AED's have MSG and aspartame in them and this isn't going to help a person with epilepsy
    it will only hurt them. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

It wasn't the sinus problem, it was the allergy medicine that I took. Never again.

You are being much nicer to my friends than I am. I have told everyone a million times that if they call the paramedics when I have a seizure they will have to pay the thousand dollar bill. I have little seizures all the time and mostly people don't notice. No one seems to know why they hit the panic button this time. The seizure was a long one, maybe 20 minutes, but as far as I can tell I didn't do anything but sit and blink. Haven't been back to the Senior Center yet, will find out Monday when I go back.

I give everyone I meet very clear instructions as to what to do if I have a seizure. Leave me alone!

My daughter in law acted correctly when seeing a seizure. As was, she didn't know it was a seizure, but suspected it. The stranger was unsteady then fell to the ground unconscious. She made sure he was on his side. A paramedic got there. So, unfortunately, did a lot of people who called 911. Three minutes later, the paramedic was asking the man questions. Luckily, I think he just rested it off.

Linnie

i hope you are doing better now
    Last edited by joy; 08-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

annie, Was it that dust given off from ppl. driving over it, cause your troubles? You should get in touch will the hiewat commition (or whatever it is called) because I bet they are baking the law by permiting 'carsinogins'. Because of them, you were harmed.
    Lorraine (lor)