Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoke with NBC

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Folks,
    Today I spoke with NBC DATELINE and they told me to send them a story about my epilepsy so I did and now I just have to wait to hear from them if they are interested. If any of you would like to send DATELINE a story
    about epilepsy and how it's effect you or how more research needs to be done just write to the following address Dateline@nbcuni.com or call them at 212-664-7501. The more of us that speak up about epilepsy the better
    the chances are that the world will wake up. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

New Community Member

Hi Sue,
    I am thrilled that this ball has begun to roll, however slowly.. Thank you for this. Tomorrow morning I will be calling the number at Dateline to tell them Epilepsy deserves a broader audiance for awareness. Perhaps they will have some interest in Ryan's story. If nothing else though, I will be one more voice that NBC hears from, wanting attention given to Epilepsy.
    Thank you again,
    Debbie

Community Member

I have a seizure assistance dog named "Aimus" ("aim us" in the right direction) and the public becomes aware of my condition.
    Last edited by zep4141; 09-13-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Hi Folks,
    Thanks for all of your support, I got a letter from DATELINE and the deadline for any stories to be in by Sept. 28th, 2012. They told me that it would be better to write but you can e-mail them. The more people we have
    that are willing to share their experiences with epilepsy like what it cost for meds, how it has effected you getting a job, life insurance and health insurance. As well as were you ever put down in public, did you lose a job
    because of epilepsy and much more. It's things like these that DATELINE wants to here. It has been proven now that 1 out of 26 people will have a sz. or seizures in their life. Here's wishing all of You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

If I write, where do I send it? What address? (I wrote a draft yesterday).
    Lorraine (lor)

Hi Lor,
    If you are going to write mail the story to the following address:

NBC DATELINE
    Story Suggestion
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    NY,NY 10021

Wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I ended up sending an Email.