Thread: ADHD meds

Community Member

Default ADHD meds

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and the doctor said that the meds that are prescribed to people with ADHD, raise your risk of having a seizure. I have Hydrocephalus and Epilepsy, and I am seizure since 2004. She didn't want to prescribe me anything without talking to my Neurologist and other doctors first. I was just wondering, is there anyone out there that has ADHD, and epilepsy, and if so, what are you prescribed.

Yes, they do. Have you tried any dietary interventions? Limiting sugar and being gluten-free can often do wonders for attention/memory issues. It's worth a shot! I am gluten-free 4 years now. Please ask any questions!

and good luck!

LIZARD :)
    LIZ in Li'l Rhody; hydrocephalus dx'ed at 3 weeks old. No shunt surgery in 32 years! Epilepsy well-controlled and autoimmune issues being worked on. Mom to Caren, 21, successful ablation 4/18/07 for WPW; and Andrew, 18 (autism dx'ed at 2 1/2, 13 mm ACM dx'ed at 5 1/2, no surgery, doing awesome!!) Wife of 22 years to Don...and friend to Gina. RIP. 9/5/66-10/22/07 :(

http://s.excoboard.com/Livingwithhyd..._Gina_Libonate
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/autism-chiari/

Community Member

Thanks for your input. I am going back to the psy tomorrow morning to see what she suggest. I am also going to follow up with my neurologist. She said that I am not processing the information that is given to me. If I am not processing the information, then it can not be put in the short/long term areas of the brain for storage. She said that ADHD would be the cause for me having such a short term memory and that it probably isn't due to all of the surgeries that I have had. I have had over 15 brain surgeries, 1 for infection, and the rest for blockages. I have not thought about dietary intervention, I guess that is something that I will have to try if I am unable to take any medications to help.