Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What A Screw Up

Distinguished Community Member

Default Documents

Hi Folks,
    I finally got the correct brand name drug today and when I went to the pharmacy they tried to pull a fast one on me showing me the perscription wasn't DAW (despense as written) but I cornered them and told them I was right in the
    Drs. office and saw the Dr. write the perscription out and then fax it to them. I also called my Drs. office and if it's okay by the Dr. they are going to send me a copy of the perscription they faxed and I'm then going to have it out with the
    pharmacy and their corporate office. Hopefully things will get straigthened out because I never had this problem before and I've been on this drug (diamox) for 20 yrs. and this is the first time this has ever happened. Here's wishing all of
    you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member

Default Busted

Hi Folks,

Just an update I reported the pharmacy to the corporate office and they in turn had their supervisor call me and apologize for the mess up. I made it a point to tell them that I am recieving paperwork from my Drs. office with a copy
    of the perscription along with a letter from them stating that the drug has always been the brand name and not the generic for the 20 yrs. I've been taking it. When I told the corporate office this caused 14 sz. in 3 wks. they felt really
    bad and I made it a point to report them to my local Epilepsy Foundation where I found out they have been pulling this on other people changing meds around from brand to generic so a lawyer is coming in on the case now.
    Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12