Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Screw Up

Distinguished Community Member

Default What A Screw Up

Hi Folks,

Now I have seen everything. I saw my epi this past April and she renewed all my AED's and when I refilled one of them (Diamox) it looked the same but all of the sudden I began having more sz. Today I finally called my pharamacy and
    my epi only to find out that the pharmacy has been giving me the generic form of diamox when they should have been giving me the brand name. The pharamacy is trying to blame my epi and my epi is trying to blame the pharmacy. Thank
    goodness I found out or I would have continued to have more sz. I believe that it was the pharmacy that messed things up because the epi has been giving me the brand name for many yrs. Play it safe folks and make sure that your Drs. and
    pharmacy is giving you the correct meds. Here's wishing You well and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Community Member

I thought the same chain pgharmacy would not be a problem when I moved years ago. Sadly the local one carried a different brand of it and I noticed seizure symptoms right away. I still had the previous months bottle from my old pharmacy and ended up transferring my scripts back there. I wish chains would carry the same make of drugs, but I know they don't after all these years.

Sorry that happened Sue.

--Travis

Hi Travis,
    I'm sorry to hear that you were in the same mess as I am. The pharmacy I was going to had closed down so I'm now stuck on going to the one I have know. Thanks for your concern and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Sue -- I'm so horrified this has happened to you .... I hope it all smooths out soon.
    My neuro at major hospital writes my prescription for Trileptal - no generics. My pharmacy has asked me several times
    if I will switch to a low cost generic and I refuse.
    A few weeks ago my neuro's office called and asked me about what my pharmacy had told them. They called my neuro
    and said that I had decided to change to generic and they were calling to get a new prescription. They refused because
    they hadn't heard from me and they knew that my neuro had not suggested such a change. Then they called me to ask what was
    going on ..... they too were horrified that a commercial pharmacy would try that!!

"WTF?!?"

Phyllis

Both my epileptologist and later my neurologist told me that the generic for Trileptal does NOT work.

Linnie

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy!

The generic for Trileptal seems to work for me!
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Hi Jingle,

I'm sorry that your pharmacy messed things up just like mine. I don't know what's going on with these pharmacy's but if they do this again I may take legal action. I did finally find out that it was my pharmacy who messed up
    I wonder if they are just to lazy to order the brand name of the drug and it's easier to get the generics. Either way they need to think about the customer whose taking the med instead of themselves.

Hi Linnie,
    Take my word I've found over the yrs. that the brand name for trileptal and many other AED's work much better than the generics.

Here's wishing all of You only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I see pharmacists today being allowed to do things that only a licensed person did in the recent past. One gave me my flu shot, and typically a nurse does that. Another in my town says it does diabetic teaching as all the signs up in the store make it look like a small clinic, but there are no other trained personnel but the pharms. Of course, they really are trying to sell the products instead of caring for the patient. I really doubt the depth, accuracy, and patient entered information as they do not have the proper training. That is not a one size fits all illness! They do seem to have broadened their scope of practice for sure especially in the case mentioned in this thread. Changing the prescribed med in any way or even attempting to do that without the doc's consent sounds and feels a lot like trying to practice medicine too. They are there to assist in getting the right meds to the right patient but only with the order from the physician. They are only a part of the process, not the provider. To do more than their own specific scope of practice is practicing medicine. Tell them that!

I also would want to report it to the corporate office of the specific pharmacy. They hired the pharmacist and they should know if one they hired may cause harm to a customer byt overstepping their scope of practice. Them the corp may not care, but you will find out and change pharmacies. Tattoo

If possible, deal with a pharmacist at a locally owned, non-chain pharmacy. A pharmacist is a trained professional often with a doctorate. Unfortunately those at chain stores are over-worked, kept on a production schedule, and prone to a higher error rate. Often the corporations are abysmal.

Linnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast