Thread: Goodbye to all

Default Goodbye to all

Good bye to all old friends here at the Epi forum just isn't the same and never will be sad to say thx for everyone's
    help.

Distinguished Community Member

WOAH! Where are you going? I also must tell you that after my surgery I went through a deep depression. I sought therapy again but that was to be expected too! I took an antidepressant for a while We didn't have an appendix removed! Not a quick fix!! Having this surgery, no matter the outcome, is a loss! Even if it is a good thing and all goes well, it still is a loss! It is a change from what was comfortable, usual daily life etc. It is not easy as no change is, but it is doable and manageable if you are willing to take the steps you now have. That is all yours to do! It was all mine too. Still is! Are you still taking Dilantin? Any other AEDs? I do not understand that and also don't understand that what that had not been changed by the "docs" who manage your epilepsy esp in light of the recent seizures you had. There are good docs out there. Ive always said we have to ask and chose properly etc. Where did you have your surgery? I posted where I had my first VEEG that left me in status for 8 hours! They have made changes too in these past 15 years! They needed to, but I'd never trust them again in any respect. People need to know your experience. I encourage you to gather your close family together and plan the next right thing to do for you!!!! Be grateful you do have family I think you mentioned. I did all of this without family. There is a next right thing to do for you!! Do NOT give up on that. It takes work to find it, and I know you are not in a good place to do anything but rage. However, it is there! The rage and anger is part of the grief process we all must go thorough in some way after this surgery due to the change in meds, the change in a way of life we are comfortable with as well as the adjustment to the physical and chemical actions and manipulation of the brain itself. Time is a very important ingredient that cannot be overlooked!! Keep in touch here, and I hope to hear from you. This is only the very beginning of your next phase of life that will unfold very slowly!!!! Trust me! Tattoo

(((Jeff)))

I know things are hard for you but PLEASE DON'T GO! You are a very dear friend and have been a big help to me and I'm sure to many others. Don't give up so easy I had hard times just like you did and I know it's hard. You've been a wonderful
    friend and a true blessing you've taught me to be patient and just just have faith and trust in God and this is what you need to do. Remember I'm here for you anytime day or night don't ever hesitate to give me a shout. My prayers and blessing are
    with you.

Sue

Nooooooooooo!

Linnie

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Jeff))))))

I don't really know you, as I don't post here regularly, but I've read your posts, and I've been praying for your healing and complete recovery.

You are loved and appreciated by your friends here, who undoubtedly want to be here to support you through this crisis you're now enduring. They want to return what you've given to them in the past ~ love, understanding, and support.

And I would like to join them in giving you that love and support.

Please reconsider your departure from here and allow yourself and us to benefit from helping you through each difficult passage on your journey. Stay here, communicate with us, and let us bear some of your burden.

We may not be strong in numbers, but we are definitely strong in heart!

Should you change your mind, we'll be here for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Jeff!

That "howdy" was more than just my standard opening!
    Don't say good bye!

If you don't feel like posting for a while... fine!

But don't sever all ties!!!

Hang in there!

If you don't stay for any other reason, stay to add a voice of sanity against the pushy surgeons who have lost touch with their patients and their Hippocratic Oath to:

"prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone."
    Last edited by howdydave; 07-15-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

i agree with the rest. you may never know just who has been reading your posts sorry i am having a hard time putting this in words

i have a dasughter that has seizures and i do know how hard it is. hard to type right now
    Last edited by joy; 07-15-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Community Member

Jeff, don't abandon a network of friends that want to be here for you. :(

Swing in even if it's just for reading. Post when you feel like it.
    I'll be here is you need to talk..

--Travis